DSL Slow Speed Problem (ENG)
rafalski102
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello.

I live in Germany in Schwabisch Hall. I bought Red Internet & Telefon 100 DSL Package, and I have big problems with DSL Connection. It is very slow, i'm getting 20-50kb/s in download (sometimes i have 2 MB/s for couple of seconds). At the first days of internet all seems to work fine - i was getting 7-10 MB/s and have high ping but that wasn't for me such a big problem. After a week, the internet was getting slower and slower, i was trying to reset router etc. And I'm stuck at horrible 20kb/s with 20 euro to pay for 100 MBit/s internet. Please answer asap.

Dear Rafal

5 Antworten 5
Jens-K
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi rafalksi102,

welcome to the Vodafone Community!

Here you can check your bandwidth: http://www.speedcheck.vodafone.de

While doing the speedchecks use a connection via LAN cable and connect your device directly to the modem.

Do not use WIFI and make sure that there are no streams or downloads running.

Do at least 3 speedchecks during different daytimes and post the results here. Thank you.

Regards,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi again,

I've done what you want, and i'm getting pretty interesting results, i've got for 2 days a internet with 5MBit/s download and 30MBit/s upload. Especially this evening on 9:30 pm download speed 95MBit/s for 9 MINUTES. What are you thinking about?

Jens-K

Hi rafalski102,

this doesn't look like an overload to me.

Please have a look into your modem log if you can see several reconnects or timeouts.

Check all cables and the phone socket for obvious damages.

Also do a modem reset and activate it using your Modem-Installations-Code.

Regards,

Jens

I've checked all cables, checked if maybe ethernet cable is bad but this didn't affect to the result. I did factory reset (again with activation) after second internet speed test and as you see that didn't help me.

Thanks Rafalski102

Ps: check the logs

Jens-K

Hi rafalski102,

send me a private message. Click on my avatar -> Diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht senden.

I need your name, your customer number and your mobile phone number.

Regards,

Jens