Termination of contract
Celina_2020
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I've moved to a sharehouse (with only DSL internet), while my contract is Red Internet & Phone 50 Cable. As I know, if my new place has no cable, then I can terminate my contract. And from December 1, 2021, I can terminate the contract with one month notice. 

I think it's almost from 1 December 2021. Could you please let me know what document I need to prepare and what I need to do on 1 December 2021? 

Thank you!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Celina_2020,

you simply inform us of your move via our moving service. We will then check whether we can continue to supply you. If this is not possible, your cable contract will be terminated with 3 months' notice in accordance with the Telecommunications Act.

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten 7
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

You have to report your move via MeinVodafone (as a customer of VFW / ex-UM) or MeinKabel (as a customer of VFD / ex-KDG). If your contract cannot be fulfilled at your new place of residence because there is no cable connection, it will automatically be terminated after the statutory period. If you report the move by November 30th, 2021, the deadline is 3 months from the notification of the move. Relocations reported after December 1st, 2021 are only subject to the change in the law.

However, if there is a cable connection at the new address, your contract will move as normal and there is no special right of termination!

Nancy

Hello Celina_2020,

you simply inform us of your move via our moving service. We will then check whether we can continue to supply you. If this is not possible, your cable contract will be terminated with 3 months' notice in accordance with the Telecommunications Act.

Best regards

Nancy

Hi I updated my address on at Umzugsservice on 1st December 2021, and I still have not received any news from your side. Can you help me check how is the status? thank you.

Stephan
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Celina_2020,

we can have a look on that.

Please send me a private message with the following information:

- your full name

- your full address

- date of birth

- customer number

- e-mail address

- the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Hi Celina_2020,

thanks for your pm.

Unfortunately you cant't take your contract to your new address. Our cable services aren't available there. Smiley (traurig)

I informed our colleagues from the moving team and they will cancel your contract for you. You'll get a confirmation about that soon.

Sorry, that I have no better news for you.

Regards

Stephan

Hi Stephen 

Thanks for checking. I know that there is no cable in my new place. I've asked your colleagues on forum and in the branch.  They told me that I just needed to update my address. Then the cancelation process would go automatically. 

I would like to emphasize that I updated my address on Umzugsservice on 1st December. I know that the notice period is 1 month. However, I didnt get any news from Vodafone till I asked here again. So I hope there will be no delay on the cancelation, because this is absolutely not my responsibility. Thank you.

Best Regards 

Celina

Nancy

Hello Celina_2020,

I have checked and your contract has been cancelled. A confirmation of cancellation has been sent to you.

Do you have any questions? You will also receive a PN from me with a question for you.

Best regards

Nancy