Antwort

Lösung

Vodafone Station DHCP Assigning Wrong Address
Anonym96834
Youngster
Youngster
Hi All,

Vodafone station Firmware : AR01.02.037.03.12_112819_711.SIP.10

I was on waiting with vodafone support for hours and could not get any satisfactory solution yet. Here is the problem:

I had to reset the Vodafone station (pressing the reset button on the backside). Since then the device has gone bonkers. After the restart, the DHCP assigned IPs in new subnet 192.168.192.0/24 . When I try to login to the gateway address 192.168.192.1, it shows me the login screen of Horizon wifi box instead of the default Vodafone station. I had to assign static IP on my laptop to 192.168.0.1/24 subnet, connect via cable and access the gatway 192.168.0.1. This landed me to the vodafone station admin page. Now, whenever a new device connects to the wi-fi, the DHCP issues a new IP in the subnet 192.168.192.1/24 subnet. I have to manually go and change the IP address to 192.168.0.1/24 range. This has messed up my smart home devices. Also due to this, my Mesh wifi extender also issues wrong IP addresses. I have to manually setup IPs. This is such a pain. Fells like I am living in 2001. I donot know why the router should have the old Horizon image running and also issuing IPs. Couldnt the developers at Vodafone/Unitymedia build a decent device?

I am having real problem configuring my Shelly Smart Switches, they are not able to join the wifi due to the incorrect IPs. 192.168.192.1/24 has limited internet (donot know why).

Did anyone of you face similar issues? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Pradeep Karavadi

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

I am not very firm with Horizon. I never used it.

As far as I know you should not connect Horzion with stand router. It only makes problems and is not necessary at all.

Keep Horizon alone. It will use its seperate internet.

Your standardrouter (VF-Station) should be used for your other clients.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten 2
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

I am not very firm with Horizon. I never used it.

As far as I know you should not connect Horzion with stand router. It only makes problems and is not necessary at all.

Keep Horizon alone. It will use its seperate internet.

Your standardrouter (VF-Station) should be used for your other clients.

Anonym96834
Youngster
Youngster
Solution : Disconnect the LAN cable connecting Horizon HD TV Box to Vodafone Station. Horizon HD box apparantly has a DHCP server running and issues IP addresses in a different subnet. This was messing my network. The moment I disconnected the lan cable and then rebooted the station, everything worked smooth.