Extreme Packet loss
neilltim
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

original post: https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Paketverlust-niedrige-Downloadgeschw...

> Welchen Vertrag hast Du?

Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable

>Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du?

kabelbox? Vodafone Docsis 3.1

> Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät?

leihgeraet

> Welcher Fehler tritt auf?

see text below

> Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden?

LAN

> Welchen Browser verwendest Du normalerweise? (z.B. Firefox)

Firefox

> Welches Betriebssystem hast Du auf Deinem Rechner? (z.B. Windows)

windows 10

> Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend)

see text below

> Lade dazu noch einen Screenshot von den Signalwerten hoch.

202103221627_signalstrength.JPG

> Welche Maßnahmen wurden durch die Störungshotline (erreichbar unter 0800-5266625) durchgeführt?

NA

> In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du?

Berlin

hello support

i have had speed problems for a long time, and recently packet loss problems (see OP). a Techniker came to my apartment and changed router, and the speed is a little better (but still bad: 10mbps -> 200mbps) but the packet loss problem is much worse.

here are some pingplotter charts to show (from 1 week on different days to different hosts):

202103171622_ec2-18-184-159-210.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com.png

202103191123_vodafone.de.png

202103221600_ec2-18-184-159-210.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com.png

202103221604_vodafone.de.png

the problem is all across the day to any server at all from my apartment. there is no point where there is 0% packet loss. you can see also that this includes to vodafone de website directly.

can anyone assist with this? the internet is unusable except to read documents online, as constant stuttering and quality failure means streaming is impossible.

thanks

tim

bonus: speedtest with "improved" speed. this is a "normal" result when i run the test at any time of day.

202103221625_speedtest.JPG

29 Antworten 29
Moni_GK
Administrator:in

Hello neilltim,

why don't you continue writing in the old post? Do you want me to close it?

What interval was set on the ping plotter?

Greetings Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

hi moni

i received an email that the ticket was marked "closed" and the speed issue was resolved (by vodafone) so i thought it was closed. i can move messages if this is easier?

the pingplotter interval is the default: 2.5s. i am opening ping plotter, putting an IP address in, and letting it run for 10 minutes or more.

also, online games tell me i have packet loss with the same numbers as you can see in the images.

i also have some pingplotter result files saved to my computer if they are necessary.

Moni_GK

Hello neilltim,

we can continue writing here. The SMS was about your ticket and not about the post here in the forum.

Currently it looks good on the line. Please send a current ping plotter and write the time.

Greetings Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

i have been running ping plotter for some days and there is no packet loss

what changed? extreme packet loss which immediately disappears after a forum complaint is suspicious. what was the problem after all?

thank you for the fix, but i am curious why the service was allowed to be terrible until i posted.

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello neilltim,

we have not done anything yet? Unfortunately, we cannot answer this question. Nice that it runs error-free again. Can we close your post?

Best regards Fred

neilltim
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

hello. another short update.

here's 3 more pingplotter graphs from today. it looks like this most days at any time. its mostly the first 2 hops to KD nodes that cause problems.

202104071506_eu-central7997.discord.gg.png202104071525_ec2-18-184-159-210.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com.png202104071541_vodafone.de.png

thanks

Claudia

Hello neilltim,

which interval did you choose for the pingplotter measures? If the last hop shows no or an insignificant error the packetloss on the route can be disregarded.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

i have to bump this ticket again as the service (which was originally improved) in the last two months has been very very bad again.

there has been packet loss every single evening and terrible ping.

the data and patterns for the problem(s) matches those found in the posts:

* https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/10437-High-ping/td-p/2658285/page/9

* https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Jeden-Abend-ab-19-00-Uhr-Ping-Proble...

* https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Bad-Internet-Speed/td-p/2784680

the OP has all relevant information. as the previous problem was fixed with a brand new modem a few months ago, the modem doesnt appear to be the issue. as with the above posters, my issues started at around (if not exactly) the same time, leading me to believe there is some sort of work going on that is unreported (especially in 10437)

i'm posting now not because i expect anything to happen with this ticket but because i am starting to post now in order to set myself up for months of monthly credit.

attached is some random relevant data.

2021-11-29-1706_speedtest.JPG

202112132153-vodaspeed.JPG

202112132155-signal.JPG

2021-11-28_ec2-35-165-10-117.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com.JPG

Hello,

your level values in the download are too low, and too high in the upload. The reason for this could be:

House connection amplifier (Settings)

Coaxial cable (low Quality, too long, damaged)

Junction box in the wall (level damping too high)

https://www.astro-kom.de/de/produkte/85/anschlussdosen-de#posResults

Pegelwerte Vodafone.png