Extreme Packet loss
neilltim
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

original post: https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Paketverlust-niedrige-Downloadgeschw...

> Welchen Vertrag hast Du?

Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable

>Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du?

kabelbox? Vodafone Docsis 3.1

> Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät?

leihgeraet

> Welcher Fehler tritt auf?

see text below

> Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden?

LAN

> Welchen Browser verwendest Du normalerweise? (z.B. Firefox)

Firefox

> Welches Betriebssystem hast Du auf Deinem Rechner? (z.B. Windows)

windows 10

> Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend)

see text below

> Lade dazu noch einen Screenshot von den Signalwerten hoch.

202103221627_signalstrength.JPG

> Welche Maßnahmen wurden durch die Störungshotline (erreichbar unter 0800-5266625) durchgeführt?

NA

> In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du?

Berlin

hello support

i have had speed problems for a long time, and recently packet loss problems (see OP). a Techniker came to my apartment and changed router, and the speed is a little better (but still bad: 10mbps -> 200mbps) but the packet loss problem is much worse.

here are some pingplotter charts to show (from 1 week on different days to different hosts):

202103171622_ec2-18-184-159-210.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com.png

202103191123_vodafone.de.png

202103221600_ec2-18-184-159-210.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com.png

202103221604_vodafone.de.png

the problem is all across the day to any server at all from my apartment. there is no point where there is 0% packet loss. you can see also that this includes to vodafone de website directly.

can anyone assist with this? the internet is unusable except to read documents online, as constant stuttering and quality failure means streaming is impossible.

thanks

tim

bonus: speedtest with "improved" speed. this is a "normal" result when i run the test at any time of day.

202103221625_speedtest.JPG

29 Antworten 29
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi neilltim,

We currently have too high a load in our network and expansion work is already being planned. Unfortunately, there is no exact completion date for the work yet.

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

hi @Wallace 

ok, thanks for the transparency.

what then shall i do now? vodafone is charging me now for a service they can't provide. if this is one month away then fine, i can wait. is the work planned or being worked on? "being planned" suggests an unreasonable timeframe or months or years. is this information available at all?

as i can see, vodafone has something like a monopoly on the Kabel connection in my building, so actually there is no competition here and no other Anbieter I could switch to even if i decided to terminate the contract.

@pRo-Marcowould you still change the router at this stage or can we say it would not help?

thanks everyone

pRo-Marco

Hi neilltim,

at the moment it is only "planned". So it is difficult to say a date. It could be weeks or months Smiley (traurig) We can halfen the monthly fee till the expansion will be completed. You could also switch to DSL, if this is an option.

Because of the packet loss I would give it a try to change the modem, okay?

Kind regards

Marco

hi@pRo-Marco 

yes, these solutions are ok with me. i would try anything at this stage.

if the modem exchange doesnt work then i would have to cancel the current kabel contract and move to DSL, but that is my last option

thanks for your help.

Claudia

Hello neilltim,

I made a refund for January until March. You should see it on the next bill or the one after that. The new router should arrive in the next week. Please replace the cables as well and send the old device with its cables to this address within the next 14 days:

Vodafone Kabel Deutschland GmbH

c/o DHL Paket

Am Tower 222

90475 Nürnberg

Kind regards

Claudia

PS: I will send you a PM with a survey. Please take some minutes to answer it :).

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

the modem switch was completely useless.

and in fact it is even worse than before (but this might be unrelated to the modem switch)

2022-02-10-ec2-18-184-159-210.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com.png

2022-02-10-speedtest.JPG

question: what would be the earliest possible time to be able to cancel the Kabel contract? the internet is unusable and i can't do my job e.g. video calls for interviews etc.

thanks in advance for your help

pRo-Marco

Hi neilltim,

am Anschluss kommt es auch nach dem Routertausch noch massiv zu Timeouts.

Ich möchte gern einen Techniker beauftragen, der sich das vor Ort anschaut. Wenn das für Dich in Ordnung ist, dann brauche ich noch eine Handynummer, damit wir einen Termin vereinbaren können.
Ist die Hausanlage zugänglich?

Beachte bitte die Hinweise zur Servicepauschale. Liegt die Ursache in unserem Verantwortungsbereich, ist der Einsatz für Dich kostenlos.

Aufgrund der aktuellen Entwicklungen müssen wir gewisse Vorsichtsmaßnahmen treffen. Daher müssen wir wissen, ob in Deinem Haushalt Symptome aufgetreten sind, die im Zusammenhang mit Covid-19 stehen könnten. Wir wollen Dir natürlich nicht zu nahe treten, aber andererseits wollen wir auch nicht unnötig noch mehr Menschen gefährden.

Viele Grüße

Marco

hi @pRo-Marco 

i've sent a pn with my personal details and the information you requested.

please let me know if this is a problem

thanks

hi @pRo-Marco

> dann brauche ich noch eine Handynummer, damit wir einen Termin vereinbaren können

015xxxxxxxxx

februar bin ich komplett frei aber maerz hab ich urlaub.

> Ist die Hausanlage zugänglich?

ja. ist in meiner wohnung halt

>Daher müssen wir wissen, ob in Deinem Haushalt Symptome aufgetreten sind nein.

bin 3x geimpft

vielen dank - tim

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello neilltim,

I have just sent the order to the technicians. The colleagues will contact you so that an appointment can be made.

Best regards, Martin ^mlk