Cable disruption Würzburg
GerardS
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi, I am having disruption with my Internet (Kabel) from 2pm today. Yesterday there were intermittent disruptions for about 5 minutes for 2 times, but it worked back again. Today (30th June), it is completely not working from 2pm onwards. Please advice.

Info: Living in Würzburg, 97070. Tried to already diagnose the router itself, but it does not seem to be the issue. Done with all the removing of cables and reattaching it. It just blinks at the 3rd light from the left (picture attached), and the 4th light (the Internet light) does not even appear. 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
GerardS
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

Sent you a DM also with the below text:

I think your "fingers crossed" worked, The internet was back on Tuesday evening (06.07.2021), so in total it was 7 days of outage (from 30.06.2021). I am writing this message to ask what is the next step. How can I claim a compensation for the lost days of internet? I went to the Vodafone shop in my city, but they told that its only a shop and they cant help me there. Please advice. Thanks!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

19 Antworten 19
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello GerardS,

does the outage still persist today? If yes, please send me a private message that contains your customer number, the name and birth date of the contract owner and the complete address. Reply here again after you sent the PM.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
GerardS
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

I have PM you my details and yea at the moment, it is still not fixed. Apparently there is a grid failure, thats what I see in the announcement. But I dont see a date on when the problem will be fixed. It has been almost 1 week now, and I work from home, and because of this, I dont have internet. I am still paying a full amount for my bill, but I am not getting the service for the amount of money I am paying. Please advice on when the issue will be resolved. Thanks.

Claudia

Hello GerardS,

please check your customer number, it should be nine digits instead of eight. Please also send the birth date of the contract owner in your PM. Reply again in this thread afterwards.

Kind regards,

Claudia

GerardS
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

I have updated the information as a PM to you.

GerardS
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

Any updates you can give yet based on the information I have already provided you on how long will the disruption be? Thanks!

Claudia

Hello GerardS,

thank you. I had a look at your open task ***539/21 which was added to a return path disrupter. This is a signal that irradiates in the net and disturbes the actual cable signal. The technicians need to check every single house installation in order to find the source of the signal. For some they didn't gain access yet. There is another appointment this afternoon.

Do you have a Vodafone mobile number? If yes, we can check if we can give you data volume. That would be 50GB for 16 days and replaces a refund. Please send it in a private message and reply here once more.

Kind regards,

Claudia

GerardS
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Claudia,

Sent you this message also in PM:

Does that mean I need to be at home for the technicians to check my connection? Because I am not at home due to this internet issue, that I have to go to my office to work. Can you advice on when they will come?

Also, I do not have any Vodafone mobile number. Is there another solution? At the moment, since I usually work mostly at home, I can't do so because of this issue. Also, even 50GB would not be enough depending on how long the problem will stay. Can you advice on other solutions for this? Thanks!

Claudia

Hello GerardS,

no, the colleagues don't have to check your connection, they are in a different street. Unfortunately, there isn't much left we can do then :/. We can give you a refund when the problem is solved to compensate the time of the outage.

Kind regards

Claudia

GerardS
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Ok understood, is there a deadline at the moment for when the fix can be completed? I know its hard to estimate as the technicians are still working on it, but I need to know roughly how long, so I can arrange an alternative for my internet. Please advice.