abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Possibility to switch contract from Gigacube to DSL
Benjamin-Appiah
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Dear team, 

I booked my Gigacube 5G 500mb/s connection in 08.2022 to improve my work from home internet situation. Just a few weeks ago, I relocated to a new address(in Munich) and the Gigacube connection is almost unusable, showing red signal. I went ahead to book a DSL 250mb/s hoping that it's possible to somehow make a switch of the contract. Now I have two internet connections, the Gigacube which I've now turned off but still have an active contract and the DSL connection. It's not very pleasant to pay twice monthly when I only use one.

I'd be grateful if you could you support me with cancelling the Gigacube contract or assist with any information thereof? I already visited a Vodafone office and the correspondent told me he cannot help me because I made the contract online and not in their shop, and I have to cancel online. I have no knowledge of German and searching for where to cancel the contract is difficult to impossible. And since the contract of the Gigacube has not ended, I don't know exactly where to look for assistance.

3 Antworten 3
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

As far as I know, you cannot switch from a GigaCube to a DSL contract as these are completely different product types (mobile contract usable anywhere in Germany vs. a fixed landline).

So you will have to pay for both contracts, even though you may only use one.

Not necessarily switch, but cancel the Gigacube contract because I cannot use the service and booked another Vodafone (service) contract as a replacement. The correspondent in the Vodafone service center said it's understandable and could be canceled but he couldn't help me because I didn't purchase the contract in their office but online.

Andre
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Officially its not possible, like reneromann stated, these are 2 different technologies.
So a direct change of tariffs is not working.

I'd suggest getting in touch with the customersupport.
For example via whatsapp, of twitter.

You'll get support in english there.

May be - if the coverage is as poorly as you've mentionend at your new adress- they can cancle the gigacube early once the dsl landline gets activated.

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!