Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Port forwarding on Fritzbox 6490
brightonguy
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I am using Fritzbox 6490 on Vodafone Kabel and I am unable to confirm my port forwarding. I have added the port forwarding rules on FritzBox but the port forwarding does not work still.

I cannot speak German but I read some forum posts here and it seems like the problem has something to do with DS Lite Tunnel and that a customer service member from Vodafone can remotely fix this somehow.

Can somebody help or let me know what settings I need to change on Fritzbox so the port forwarding works as intended?

Thank you very much.

4 Antworten 4
thomasschaefer
Royal-Techie
Royal-Techie

Hallo @brightonguy

it works as intended. But your expectation may be different. Yes, you have propably a DS Lite Tunnel. This is a  very common  solution to deal with the ipv4-shortage. You get a shared IPv4-address (large scale nat) and a network of IPv6-addresses.

The result is, you can connect to IPv4-destinations and IPv6-destinations, but you cannot be a IPv4-destination (no ipv4-server, no portforwarding)

All functions (server, client, p2p ...) are only available with your IPv6-addresses.

If you need portforwarding (your own IPv4 address) then you may change to a business contract with the option "feste IP" (fixed ips, which includes a own IPv4-address)

Regards,

Thomas

Thank you very much for your response. Here is what I am trying to achieve:

* I have Synology NAS on my network and I would like to access it when I am outside.

* I set up the dynv6.net (a similar service to dyndns but for ipv6 addresses) so my IPV6 address is automatically updated.

* I enabled the port sharing option for Synology NAS (for port 5000)

* I am unable to access it using http://[myusername].dynv6.net:5000

What do you recommend?

Hi @brightonguy

that sounds good. It should work. I own also a synology NAS.

to your first point:

IPv6 has at the moment as small disadvantage: If you are outside you need an ISP with IPv6. That is still a problem, e.g. in Germany only Deutsche Telekom provides IPv6 via cellular.

to your second point:

I have no expirience with that service, basically it should work (i use myfritz instead, also tested on ds-lite)

to your third point:

be sure you opened the sharing option for IPv6 and for the right device, for test purpose you may set it to "exposed host"

to your fourth point:

Be sure, you have IPv6-access, try the IP also directly to exclude a misconfigured dyndns, e.g. my NAS

https://[2003:ed:a737:fd00:211:32ff:fe83:33cf]:5001

(the certificate errors are expected)

If you think you made every thing correct. You may ask me for direct help (via pm or visit if you are living in Munich ) or you use public available tools like

http://www.ipv6scanner.com/

Regards,

Thomas Schäfer

brightonguy
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Hello @thomasschaefer

Thank you for your responses. Much appreciate it 🙂

I think there is something wrong with my IPV6 configuration somehow. I am unable to login using MyFritz (both via the domain or the IPV6 address). When I check IPV6 Scanner website, it says IPV6 is not supported. I know his is not true because my router (Fritzbox 6490) shows the IPV6 address and updates MyFritz account correctly with that address.

Maybe my router is not accepting any IPV6 connections?

I also tried to login with the IPV6 address to my Synology box but it didn’t work either.

Do you have any recommendations?