abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Changed router settings now random drops and cant use duckduckgo
ashtronaut
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
  • Sorry for English!
  • I have had no issues on default wifi for six months, I recently split the SSID to force 5ghz for my macbook pro
  • I changed Wifi to two SSIDs so I can have a 5ghz and 2,4ghz and changed the 5ghz channel from 40 to 48 to clear up the wifi signal 
  • Now I randomly can't use the internet on the 5ghz, the wifi signal does not disappear but for 5 min on my macbook pro google, youtube, and everything on the internet says i'm disconnected. If I switch to 2.4ghz the internet wifi when the 5ghz is isn't working, the internet seems fine.
  • Additionally odd is that duckduckgo has stopped working as well as random sites like https://docs.scalr.com/en/latest/ "site can't be reached"

If there's anything I can provide let me know!

6 Antworten 6
Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ashtronaut,

I'm sorry for the difficulties. Normally the 5GHz network should work without problems. Have you ever restarted the router?

Which device do you use?

Many greetings

Norman

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Norman thanks for getting back to me. I must of lost your reply in my email.

I have done the following to try and resolve the issue.

• a factory reset of the router,
  • reset mac DNS records in my macbook
  • Disconnected from the router and deleted it from network 
  • Rebooted my computers

I have seemed to resolved the issue of being block on duckduckgo, but I have the issue of random disconnects still happening every 4 or 5 hours. This is a new issue since trying to change the router.

I don't know what is wrong but I can describe what happens. 

• I am connected to wifi
  • Around mid-day all data streaming will stop ( i get the loader on youtube)
  • I cannot search or do anything on the internet
  • I am still connected to the WIFI, there is still signal
  • If I disconnect my computer from the wifi and reconnect then I am instantly connected again to the internet

What seems to be happening is that the router is working but either the router or my computer somehow stop communicating until I disconnect and reconnect. 

Do you have any idea of what this may be? Please help, it's very disruptive as I may be playing a game online or I may be using for streaming sleep music and if it gets disconnected while I'm asleep then the alarm might not go off.

WeBu
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

hi @ashtronaut, I am having a similar issue (-found your entry by searching "duckduckgo")

Since Sunday or Monday, I also don't have access to that website (along with a few others, plus some phone apps not working) when connected to Vodafone DSL. When I use my phone data or connect my laptop to the phone's data, all the apps work again, and I can also access duckduckgo.

Just wondering - have you received any solution from Vodafone? I.e. some settings I need to change on my end, etc?

Otherwise, I'm wondering whether they might have just force-pushed some update onto the router. If that's the case, I'm hoping they can either fix the issue ASAP or just return my router back to its previous setting. (One app and one website is work related! so I'm using my phone data for work...which is not optimal...)

@WeBu they haven't gotten back to me about the disconnectivity. 

But what did help is I reset the DNS and deleted the router from my wifi settings. Yeah I had the same symptoms as you, DDG works fine with phone. I fixed that issue by resetting to factory default and flushing the DNS cache: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-flush-dns-cache

WeBu
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@ashtronaut - thanks very much for the follow-up tip  I will give that a go

Hi this did not fix my issue. Can you respond? I have given 1 star as a response and follow up.