Super slow Internet connection
Mohamm6d
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

For a few days, I am experiencing some lack & delays, and short-time disconnection in my internet service. for a while, it works fine but after each 5-6 hours the entire connection goes down for a few minutes and then back. My internet package is 100Mbs and I am living in a new building in Berlin and we had no issue so far, but apparently, these days some of our neighbors also having same until they moved to another provider.  

I tried to reboot the device, using a cable connection, neither worked. 

I have no idea where I should start to troubleshoot my issue, if anyone can do it here, please let me know & I am really appriciated it. 

8 Antworten 8
Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi @Mohamm6d,

I can gladly take a look at the connection. Can you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract holder) via private message?

Then please let me know in the post when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Mohamm6d
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thank you for your reply. Just sent you the PM

Manu

Hi Mohamm6d,

thanks for the data. I could have a look at your connection, your router is online for about 7 days. When was the last interruption in your connection? Do you use ethernet or WiFi?

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Mohamm6d
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thank you for your reply.

We use WiFi to connect to the internet for all devices including TV. last connection issue was about 7 days ago when we had to reset the router. However, we experienced several other 1 up to 5 minutes disconnecting afterward but found it resetting actually not solving the issue. 

Thanks for checking

ERFD

Hello Mohamm6d,

currently you can see signal interferences in the downstream of your modem. Has something been changed in the cabling? Is the cable between the antenna socket and the modem permanently connected? Is the original cable used? If not, a technician will have to take a look at this on site. This technician needs access to the house distribution system and an info if there are known diseases with Covid 19 in the household. The fault clearance of our components up to the modem is free of charge. Please have a look at the information about the service fee.

Regards Fred

Mohamm6d
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thank you for your reply. I was monitoring the issue for a while and didn't face it so far. Let's wait for a bit more and I will ask you to do this when it happened again

Mohamm6d
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Good morning. I have to open this topic again since I am facing this issue like before, even worse in the last few days.

We cannot have any stable stream services like Netflix or even Google meet. Our connection is disconnected for a few minutes in a random cycle every hour and causes disconnecting us from the stream. During my virtual meeting, I am thrown out and during watching a stream like Netflix, the picture is frozen and after a while exit the application. It happened also during playing a game via Xbox. Mentioning these all is for this is not something related to only one or two devices but internet. We are living in a new-brand building that was built in 2021 and we did not change anything in our internet, modem configuration, or anything else. So I have no idea why this is happeninng. Attached to this topic you can find an image that I got during one of my meetings.

Wallace

Hi,

Do the problems only occur via WiFi or also via LAN cable? Can you please perform a factory reset with the router and see if the problems still occur afterwards?

Regards

Wallace

PS. I have moved your new thread to the archive.