Frage

Antwort

Lösung

English Assistance - Needing to restart router multiple times a day
Ktrainau
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I am having significant issues with my internet, When i use the online tools it says there is no fault in the line but i am losing connection a minimum of 4-5 times a day and need to restart the router for the connection to be re-established.

This doesn't only occur with devices attached via wifi but also those plugged directly into the router via cable.

Could someone please help me as this is becoming a significant issue with working from home and is affecting my ability to work.

Thank you

21 Antworten 21

HI Claudia,

It is hard to determine as the computers used do not have the option to plug an ethernet cable in. 

Although it seems that the TV connection is now working better than it was in the last couple of weeks but we are continually having the issue with Wifi and the computer.

We have checked the coaxial cable and it is still plugged in and has no damage.

Thank you

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Ktrainau,

I would like to send a technician to check the signal, but it would be best if you could test a different coaxial cable, as this is already part of your area of responsibility. If another cable doesn't change the signal quality as well we are on the safe side with the technician. He will need access to the house installation which is usually located in the basement, can you grant him that? Can he reach you under ***107 to make the appointment? We also need to know if there are symptoms in your household that might be linked to Covid-19.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello Claudia,

I have just ordered a new coaxial cable so will be able to test that when it is delivered later this week.

If we book a technician we can give them access to the basement and apartment to test the connection.

We have no symptoms or exposure to Covid-19.

Yes you can contact me on the number listed to organise the appointment. 

Thank you

Claudia

Hello Ktrainau,

alright, so we will see if the other cable helps and if not I send the technician.

Kind regards,
Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello.

we are still experiencing intermitant internet connection even after replacing the coaxial cable between the wall and router.

we connected the tv directy to the router via LAN cable and it seems to work perfectly but unfortunately wifi devices still experience messages 'no internet connection' very regularly

could you please look at what could be possibly causing this so we can remedy - working from home is difficult as previously mentioned.

VB

Kris

Moni_GK
Administrator:in

Hello Ktrainau,

A technician should take a look at this on site. Would that be all right and will the colleague come with you to the house installation? The cause seems to lie in our area of responsibility. In this case, the service is free of charge for you. If the technician does not meet anyone at the agreed time and cannot gain access, we will charge 99.50 € for the service.  

Under which phone number can the colleague make an appointment with you?

Due to the current developments we have to take certain precautions. Therefore we need to know if there are any symptoms in your household that could be related to Covid-19. Of course we don't want to offend you, but on the other hand we don't want to endanger more people unnecessarily.

Greetings Moni  

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Thank you Moni.

it is fine to contact me on the phone number ive provided on file.

No problem with meeting technician - we are home all the time currently.

No positive tests for covid, nor are there any symptoms in our house. i have been tested regularly lately and can provide recent negative test results if needed.

Thanks

Kris

Moni_GK

Hello Ktrainau,

can you provide access to the house installation?

Greetings Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Yes this is fine, we have access

Moni_GK

Hello Ktrainau,

can you also provide access to the house system (house connection amplifier)?

Greetings Moni