Cable Internet Disturbance for 11 days
Mahmoud_zz
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Vodafone Team,

Short story: I had no internet for 11 days, without knowing the reason, and without getting any concrete alternative.

Long story:

Disclaimer: My German is not great and I spoke with customer service in German (they did not have English-speaking persons), so the conversations below are not completely accurate.

On Monday 22.08.2022, the internet in my whole building was cut-off. I called customer service and they were at first unaware of any problems, then the lady told me that there is a disturbance in the area. She told me to wait until this is fixed.

I waited then called again, asked for a concrete solution, and suggested that they give me higher internet volume on my pre-paid SIM card. They told me this is not possible on a pre-paid card. I asked that they at least give me a reason for this problem or how long would it take, and they could give me neither. She told me there are people on-site working on the problem and just to wait.

A couple of days later I called because I was frustrated with the situation, and told the person "I need the internet because I have online classes and I cannot attend them. Please, if you cannot give me an alternative at least give me a duration for the fix," to which he said they cannot offer a solution and gave me another number to call. I called and explained the whole situation, then he told me this is not the correct department to call, then he started giving me advice to buy a Mobilfunk contract.

Today, 02.09.2022, 11 days later, the internet is back. I am really frustrated with how the customer care was not helpful in any way.

So, I would like to ask for at least my money back since there was no internet and I had to miss some lectures, too!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Mahmoud_zz,

I'm sorry about how that went Smiley (traurig) For support in English, it's best to contact Facebook or Twitter. Of course, we can also book data volume on CallYa cards. A contract is not necessary for this. We will also gladly deposit a credit for the period of the outage. Again, please contact our colleagues. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer individual support here in the community.

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Willkommen-in-der-Community/%C3%84nderungen-in-der-Vodafone-Community/t...

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 Antworten 4
pRo-Marco

Hi Mahmoud_zz,

I'm sorry about how that went Smiley (traurig) For support in English, it's best to contact Facebook or Twitter. Of course, we can also book data volume on CallYa cards. A contract is not necessary for this. We will also gladly deposit a credit for the period of the outage. Again, please contact our colleagues. Unfortunately, we can no longer offer individual support here in the community.

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Willkommen-in-der-Community/%C3%84nderungen-in-der-Vodafone-Community/t...

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your response and advice. Unfortunately, it is not clear how to contact Vodafone in English. The messaging option in Facebook leads to ToBi, who answers: "Hello, Currently I am only able to answer questions in German language. Please try again in German."

Do I send a private message in Twitter? Do I create a public facebook or a public tweet? It is just so difficult to reach any customer support in English.

Kind Regards

Mahmoud

Tobias

Hey,

you could also try twitter .) Facebook should work also.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Tobias,

Thank you! Twitter support is great, I cannot ask for better!

Best,

Mahmoud