Why is it always so complicated?
ditsonis
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Why is it always so complicated with Vodafone?

A few months ago I got a CallYa as a second SIM card in order to try out the network.

I found the network to be better than both O2 and Telekom (Vodafone is average, the other two are worse than average), so I decided to bring my main number to Vodafone.

First failure:

I discovered that I can't port my number over to my existing (and functioning) CallYa SIM card. I have to order a new one in order to do portability. The reason? I guess your systems are not smart enough.

Second failure:

I activate the SIM card, I charge 15 euros (my tarrif is supposed to cost 14,99) but then the tarrif is never activated. As a result later in the day I try to call the customer support, my credit goes below 14,99 and my tarrif can't be activated. I lost 2 days because of that.

Third failure:

As soon as you fixed my tarrif, the SIM card stopped working. It is just dead. I tried it in 2 different devices, and in my dual SIM device I tried it in both slots.

Now it is Friday and apparently I will have to spend the weekend without a way to use my phone, unless I want to pay more money to Vodafone.

At the same time I have:

-a functioning SIM card with no tarrif activated (Kunden-Nr. ***)

-a "broken" SIM card with my tarrif activated (Kunden-Nr. ***)

I am unable to write all this in German, it is just too much.

Congratulations to everybody involved.

*** @ditsonis, personal data removed. Please don't publish such data for everyone for your own safety. ***

7 Antworten 7
Lecy
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello @ditsonis,

I will be happy to help you. . Please send me a PM with your phone number, your password and the link to this thread

(PN - this is how it works: click on my name and then right on "send a private message ")

Many greetings

Lecy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
ditsonis
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi and thanks for offering to help @Lecy.

I didn't write to you because my second SIM card arrived and I didn't have the energy to deal any more with it.

But for the last 3 days I have been getting free packages of 3GB out of the blue and I don't mind to keep them (given that for 1 week I couldn't use the service I paid for), but I think you should take a look and stop the system from giving me free data all the time. 🙂

As a customer I have 2 points of feedback to give.

1. It is really not smart that when I have a functioning CallYa I can't port my phone number to it. There is no technical reason for this and it just adds the risk for mistakes.

This is handled so much better with a Vodafone contract AND pretty much every other provider in Germany including all the virtual providers.

2. It is also very annoying that if my SIM card is broken, lost etc, I can't just walk into a Vodafone store and buy a new one. Imagine being on vacation in Germany, losing your phone, and having to go back home in order to receive the new SIM card by post while you are very close to a Vodafone store 

As a customer I also choose Vodafone because you have real stores all over the country, but if I can't get support in the stores then there's one reason less to choose Vodafone.

AnJaWo

Hello ditsonis,

Your Callya Allnetflat M tariff is active. You can use 5 GB. You ordered the sim card in a promotion. That's why you get half a year's additional data volume for free.

You want to port your number from another provider to Vodafone?

Please order via the following link: https://www.vodafone.de/privat/handys-tablets-tarife/prepaid-ohne-vertrag.html

Kind regards, AnJaWo

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
ditsonis
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi.

I have decided to leave Vodafone and take my phone number to another carrier due to all this mess with basically everything.

So I went on your website and found this information.

Informier uns, dass Du Deine Rufnummer zu einem anderen Anbieter mitnehmen möchtest. Sende uns dafür eine SMS oder WhatsApp mit dem Stichwort Opt-in an die Rufnummer 0172 2000229.

Well, I tried both and it failed.

Apparently something confused Tobi the robot and he connected me with an agent.

The agent happened to be the same one I had called earlier to ask about the portability, so he got very irritated and aggressive and in the end he hung up on me.

According to him the only way to do it is to send you a form via fax Smiley (überrascht) or post.  He also said that I can do it by email if I really want to, but I didn't understand how as he was already very angry at me so he said something very fast in German and then hung up.

I believe that this is the first time that someone from customer service has ever hung up on me, so it was a bit shocking.

You are welcome to listen to the recording of the phone call if you record them.

These are my conversations with Tobi.

whatsapp.jpg

sms.jpg

AnJaWo

Good morning @ditsonis,

It is a real pity that you want to leave us.

Your customer password is required to unlock your number. You received it with your SIM card.

Please send me the password by PN.

Note: the transmission is not encrypted.

I'll take care of it right away.

Kind regards, AnJaWo

ditsonis
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@AnJaWo how can I receive the  customer password again, or create a new one?

And you don't seem very surprised that the customer support agent was shouting at me. Is that normal behavior for Vodafone customer service?

AnJaWo

Good evening @ditsonis,

You received the customer password with your first SIM card.

If you don't remember, you can change it with a form.

https://www.vodafone.de/infofaxe/265.pdf

Many greetings and have a nice evening.

AnJaWo