Contract termination terms
dpan331
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello, I have a Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable contract activated first on February 19, 2020 . 

In the online portal I see " Earliest possible contract end : 02/19/2022". Can I terminate the contract earlier than this date or not? If yes, will there be a termination fine?

Thanks in advance!

5 Antworten 5
strg-alt
Datenguru
Datenguru

If you relocate to an address which is not supplied by Vodafone, than you can cancel. As long as your address can be supplied by Vodafone, you can not cancel prematurely. But I guess you have the option to downgrade your tariff after initial 12 months period. So if you are just worried about increasing cost after 12 months, than you probably could change to a more economic tariff, e.g. 50Mbit/s for 30 Euros. This should be stated on your order confirmation.

nvas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

What if vodafone is just unreliable at my current place and the speed is extremly slow for proper home office.

Is there a provision to cancel or migrate to a different provider before the earliest termination date ?

dpan331
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Actually the issue is what nvas says. Currently the internet has disruptions, so basically I pay a cost more than the quality that they promised they would offer, Vodafone's customer service is lame and their attitude towards me has been also very rude.

I imagine having a two years contract that a customer is unable to terminate is a safety net for internet providers to bulletproof their ***ty services.

nvas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Were you able to get an answer to this ?

dpan331
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

No. It is like they are ignoring me. Unbelievable! This is urgent for me (i cannot work remotely due to severe internet interruptions) and it seems that only if my lawyer contacts them will they bother to assist.