Contract Termination date Incorrect
mohit_singh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I recently moved to a new apartment on April 16, 2024. In my previous apartment, I used Kabel Internet, but Vodafone Kabel is not available at my new location in Munich. Therefore, I called Vodafone to cancel my contract due to relocation to an area without Vodafone service. I spoke with a representative in English, explained my situation, and was informed that cancellation was possible. This conversation took place around April 25. On April 30, I received a letter from Vodafone confirming my cancellation, but the termination date was set for October 28, 2024, which is the end date of my standard 2-year contract. I believe this is incorrect because, as I understand it, I should be able to cancel with three months' notice when relocating. Is my understanding correct? If so, how can I get the termination date updated?

1 Antwort 1
Peter_Co
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

The usual way would have been to report your move to Vodafone, VF then would have checked the availability of your existing contract at the new location and if it was not available VF themselves would have terminated the contract without you having to do anything. With you not following the standard procedure by cancelling yourself the situation got messed up. To fix that, contact support via WhatsApp (*not* by phone!), support in English is available there:

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Vodafone-News/Dein-Kontakt-zu-Vodafone/td-p/1912292