Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancelled the internet contract with notice but still charging money
srikakulam
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

I have cancelled my contract with the notice period and I have also received the contract cancellation document (received on 29.4.2020) which stated my contract ends on 15.03.2021. I have also sent back the Modem as per the instructions in the contract termination document. But I am still being charged for March and April. I would be glad if this can be fixed and refunded.

Thank you!

8 Antworten 8
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Just to be clear:

You signed for a contract that (usually) has an initial runtime of 24 months - so you can first cancel this contract to the end of this term with a notice period of 3 months. So your cancellation for the end of the initial term usually has to be received at last 3 months before the end of the 24 months -- but it won't matter if it your notice is received (far) before that date.

After that date (end of term minus notice period) has passed, the contract will automatically extend for another 12 months - so the next possible end date would be 12 months after the initial term; last possible date to receive the notice would also be 3 months before the end of that term....

And even if your contract would've eneded on 15th March, it is normal that you will get an invoice in March (obviously as for the time in March) and that there will be another invoice in April that "corrects" that invoice (e.g. overpaid monthly charges but also any kind of one-time fees [like for calls not included in the flatrates]).

The other thing: Have you changed anything on your contract AFTER you sent your cancellation document? E.g. downgrading or upgrading to another line speed?

Hi,

Yes, I understand that which is why I made sure my contract is cancelled before the end of the first time as it really does not matter how before I am cancelling and that the minimum duration of notice period should at least be 3 months.

After cancellation, I did not change anything with respect to my contract nor internet speed not tariff.

Billing for March makes sense as my contract runs from 15th to 15th and I am being billed on 30th, so the March bill is basically for the usage between Feb 15th to March 15th, but what I do not understand is the additional bill for April? I did not use the phone or anything and in the bill invoice, they say the fee is charged for the internet and the modem (which I already sent back).

The invoice period does not necessarily has to be identical to your contractual terms - if you get charged on 30th of the month, it's more possible that it is some kind of 10th - 9th or so (but this should be stated on your invoices).

And for the device: If your device is not received by Vodafone, you would be charged for that -- just sending it is not enough,  it has to be received. If it is lost within the postal services network, it would've been up to you to request a refund from the postal services operator for the lost parcel -- or you have the record that it was delivered to Vodafone.

Hi,

The invoice date for April is 18.03.2021-17.04.2021.

I sent the router back via DHL with a tracking number and as per the tracking information, the delivery was successful. The invoice bill for April is for the internet connection (approx 36 Eur) and the monthly rent for the router (approx 2.5 Eur). I am not sure what went wrong. When I spoke to the customer service (08005054571) they confirmed to me that the internet contract is cancelled.

Thomas
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi srikakulam,

let's take a look. Send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message.

Then reply again here in the post.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Thomas,

I have sent you the details in a private message.

Andre
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey srikakulam,

ah from the looks of it , you are using a dsl contract instead of internet via cable.
Then I'll take care of this from now on.

Could you please send me a private message with your customernumber?

Cheers,
Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Andre,

Thank you, I have sent you a private message.