Upload speed deteriorates in the afternoon
wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I just switched to the CableMax 1000 from Red Internet 1000 and changed to the Fritzbox 6591 modem (from the Arris tg3442de) and now every afternoon the upload channels go down to 4QAM (from 32QAM in the morrning) and upload speed goes down to 8-10 Mbit/s. Download seems erratic as well with ping going up to 1000ms under load.

Only change on my side is the modem itself, not even the cables have changed.

And I did not have those problems before the change.

Could someone check the status remotely, please?

Thanks!

23 Antworten 23
wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Modem is connected but only shows 64kbs connection, probably because I cancelled the 6591 option and was about to ship it back. I do not have another loaner device.

Please check the line ASAP so I can switch back to my modem.

Thanks!

Manu
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello wealas,

the contract is still active, contractually everything is in order. You connected your own router.

Don't you have one of ours now?

Best regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Manu,

I only have the 6591 modem from Vodafone and it is currently connected so you can check the line data.

I do have to return this modem in 7 days because I cancelled the 6591 option. If you could have someone send me another loaner modem for troubleshooting it would be great.

Here are the screenshots of the channel info and the connection showing 64kb/s.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200323_085314.pngScreenshot_20200323_085236.png

Martin59
Moderator:in

Hello wealas,

at this moment an interfering signal is active, which affects the connection. Colleagues are working to fix this, but unfortunately I cannot yet say how long it will take.

Best regards, Martin

wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thanks for the update!

Are we talking days, weeks or maybe months?

I received a Vodafone TG3442DE today and it's all hooked up at the moment with pretty bad results so you can check the line again if you need to.

screenshot.jpg

Martin59

Hi wealas,

an interference signal has already been found and eliminated. Can you please test again if it works for you now?

Best regards, Martin

wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Martin,

I turned off the Vodafone modem for 10 minutes and reconnected. It's even worse.

Upstream channels are now only QPSK, not even 4 QAM, speed test is down to 18/0.5 mb/s.

I've attached screenshots of the signal levels and speed test, along with the daily and weekly ping and packet drop graphs from my router showing things progresively going worse starting beginning of week 10. Today was marginally better than the worst day ever which was yesterday. Keep in mind that before that, for almost 2 years I have had an average 15ms latency and full upstream and downstream (1050/55 mb/s) at pretty much all times.

I really hope someone can fix this.

Thanks!

stats.jpg

Martin59

Hi wealas,

there is still an interfering signal active, which leads to the impairments.

The colleagues are still working on the interference suppression.

Best regards, Martin

wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Martin,

thanks for the update.

I did notice improvements, actually, yesterday (30.03.2020) at 14:30 my internet was back to normal for about an hour, the upstream channels were all 64QAM and transfer rates were back to full speed. After that the upstream started to deteriorate and started getting packet loss (about 20% on average).

So maybe you could pass along the message that whatever they did at 14:30 yesterday fixed the problem temprarily.

Thanks1

Martin59

Hi wealas,

Currently another fault is active, which only occurs temporarily.

The colleagues are still in the process of fixing it.

How long this will take is currently not yet foreseeable.

Best regards, Martin