Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Very low internet speed for 1000MB plan contract
rajnai
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi All,

I am getting a low 295MB speed of internet instead of 1000MB. This is very bad as I have taken the plan but not getting full or near to that speed.

9 Antworten 9
TheUntouchable
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I think you getting something wrong here.

If you have a look at the attached pdf, the speed from your router to the internet IS 1000mbit/s and even more!

The 295mbit/s you are taking about is the speed from your mobile phone --> WLAN --> router --> internet, and I can tell you that its nearly impossible to get 1000mbit/s over WLAN with normal devices.. Always do such tests via LAN as WLAN is not really reliable regarding internet speed.

Hi, I am a new customer of Vodafone and I had a cable internet wire issue. Now seems resolved but when I tried to search the new connection to my location and apartment then it is always showing 250mbit / s via DSL. But I have received the latest WLAN 6 from Vodafone. I paying for 1000mbit / s but getting 250mbit / s. The attachment will give you more pictures of this. 

Not only the router has to be wifi 6 capable, but also your mobile device and even that doesn't mean you get the 1000mbits over wifi!

You ARE getting the 1000mbit/s to your router, but not to your mobile device because of the wlan speed restricitions. If you connect a computer or laptop directly with a LAN kabel to the router you will also get the 1000mbit/s.

Okay, then please suggest ideally how much speed I should get?

There is nothing I can suggest as this depends on your equipment and environment which I cannot predict and neither can anyone else. Check that your device is connected via 5Ghz WIFI and that there are no walls between your router and the device and try the test again. Also check in the device settings how fast the WIFI connection speed is. For example, if it says 87mbit/s (my Huwawei P30 Pro shows this currently even when connected to 5Ghz WIFI 5 but one wall between the router), you will never reach 1000mbit/s. If you want to use the full speed of your connection you have to use a LAN cable.

I am just sitting next to the device and using it for laptop and mobile devices. I am still getting around 300 Mbps speed.

Can you try it via LAN please?

strange after connecting with LAN, I am getting 618 Mbit/s

pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi rajnai,

this isn't strange Smiley (gleichgültig) When you want the best speed with WiFi you should use a device with WiFi6-standard and ax-technology. If that is not possible use the 5GHz and ac-technology. The most modern devices can use that. To get the full Gigabit with WiFi is nearly unpossible with the actual technology.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!