Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Internet keeps disconnecting for days, potential problematic router.
Denis901
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
  • In which state do you live? Please also send the zip code Bayern, 80333
  • What contract do you have? (e.g. internet + phone 100) Red Internet & Phone 250 Cable
  • Which modem/ router are you using? (e.g. Hitron) Vodafone Station
  • Do you use a rental device from us or do you have your own device ? Your device
  • Which error occurs? (Speed ​​too low; packet loss) Also send screenshots of speed tests (with date and time) and tracerts/ping plotter measurements in the event of packet loss or ping problems. :
    Throughout all of January there is no internet service for periods of 2 to 3 days. Then there is service for 1 day and then the same. Some times the outtages last 10 hours and then service resumes for some hours in normal speeds. The router keeps restarting on it's own and even in cases that the internet light are on and the user interface of the cable router shows it online, there is no internet service to any device connected. (wifi or ethernet connection). I have tried pretty much everything from different cables, alternating connecting devices, factory resets, hard reboots on the router itself.
  • How is your device connected to the modem ? ( LAN; WLAN; additional router; PowerLAN ) Main device through LAN, noumerous with WIFI but nothing works. 
  • Which browser do you usually use? (e.g. Firefox) Google Chrome
  • Which operating system do you have on your computer? (e.g. Windows) Windows 10
  • Start and period of the disruption  (e.g.: since the beginning of April; only in the evening) Since the beginning of January. 
  • Also upload a screenshot of the signal values . You can find this in the user interface of your cable router via  192.168.0.1 or via 192.168.178.1 on the Fritzbox. Which signal values am I required to post here on the public forum? Surely not my IPv4,IPv6, MAC or Primary DNS addresses right?
  • What measures were taken by the fault hotline (available on 0800-5266625 for Vodafone Kabel Deutschland or 0221/46619100 for Vodafone West)? Nothing. My german is not great and I have hardly had good communication with customer support who don't speak a word in English (tried with 4 different representatives). In one of the calls I was told I might have a defective router and then a ticket was created which we closed 2 days later. 

5 Antworten 5
Stephan
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Denis901,

good that you got in touch here. We like to take a look at it.

Please send me a private message with the following information:

- your full name

- your full address

- date of birth

- customer number

- e-mail address

- the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Thank you for getting in touch Stephan!

I have send all the information requested in a PM.

Tina
Ex-Moderator:in

Good evening Denis,

some values at your connection are bad. I want to assign a technician for that. If you agree I have 3 questions for you:

1. under which phone number can the technician reach you to make an appointment? (via private message)

2. it is important that the technician has access to the house installation. Can you please ensure this?

3. did people in your household experience symptoms in the last 14 days that could be related to Covid-19?

And one more note: The cause seems to be within our jurisdiction. In this case the service is free of charge for you. Only if the cause is caused by a device connected by you or the technician does not meet anyone at the agreed time and does not get access, we charge 99.50 € for the service.

Best regards

Tina

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello Tina,
Thank you very much for helping with this.

1. I have sent you via private message the phone number where you can reach us easily at any time.
2. Yes, we will make sure everything is accessible and the technician will have a comfortable working environment. When you mention house installation do you refer to anything else outside the flat where we have everything set up (connection, cables, router etc) ? We are in a block of flats so I am not entierly sure if there will access needed to somewhere else. Like mains switches or lines in the basement for example.
3.  There has not been any symptoms in the last 14 days that could be related to Covid-19 in the household. 

Many thanks,
Denis

Claudia

Hello Denis,

regarding bullet point #2, yes, the technician will need access to the main switch. Do you know where it is and can the technician get there with your help if the room is locked? The technician has the key for the house installation itself.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!