Frage

Antwort

Lösung

DSL intermittent internet connection
Alston-Chueng
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi,

I have been having intermittent internet connection issues over DSL since 02/01/2023.

The connection stops working every few hours, and sometimes even multiple times in an hour. The internet stops, all the lights on the router go out and it will reboot. After 10 mins or so, the internet connection resumes.

Around 29/11/2022, multiple residents in my building were having intermittent internet connection problems also on Vodafone DSL. And i was informed that a technician visited and found a broken box in the electrical room. Since then the intermittent issues were resolved.The issue that is occurring since 02/01/2023 is similar to the issue back at that time before the technician performed the repair.

I have tried rebooting the router multiple times and also re-setting it multiple times. But the issue still occurs.
I have tried switching band steering on and off, but the result is the same.
The issue affects both LAN and WLAN connections.

When the internet connection works, it is very fast and works well. But unfortunately it drops out frequently.

General information:

In which state do you live? Please also send the zip code

• Baden württemberg 79117

Which contract do you have? (e.g. internet + telephone 100)

• Vodafone CableMax 1000

Which modem / router do you use? (e.g. Hitron)

• Vodafone Wi-Fi 6 station, model number: CGA6444VF
  • Firmware version: 19.3B57-1.0.41
  • Hardware Type & Version: 1.0.0

Do you use a loaner device from us or do you have your own device?

• Loaner device

What is the error? (Speed too low; packet loss) Send screenshots of speed tests (with date and time) and tracer / ping plotter measurements in the event of packet loss or ping problems

• Internet stops working every 1-2 hours, sometimes multiple times within an hour.
  • Phone / internet / WiFi light suddenly switches off on the router, and then it will reboot itself. Internet light flashes red initially then turns white, after another 5-10 minutes the connection works again. WiFi light is last to come on. Local LAN network stops working when error occurs.
  • Event log shows firewall issue, see screenshot below:Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 23.47.22.png

How is your terminal connected with the modem? (LAN; WLAN; additional router; PowerLAN )

• Both LAN and WLAN from the Vodafone Station

Which browser do you usually use? (e.g. Firefox)

• MacOS Safari - Version 16.1 (18614.2.9.1.12)
  • Windows Chrome - 108.0.5359.124 
  • iOS Safari

Which operating system do you have on your computer? (e.g. Windows)

• MacOS Ventura 13.0.1
  • Windows 10
  • iOS  - 16.2

Start and period of the disturbance (e.g. since the beginning of April; only in the evening)

• Since 02/01/2023, issue is still happening

Upload a screenshot of the signal values. You can find this in the user interface of your cable router via 192.168.0.1 or via 192.168.178.1 on the Fritzbox.

• Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 23.52.24.pngScreenshot 2023-01-10 at 23.52.31.pngScreenshot 2023-01-10 at 23.52.36.png

Which measures were carried out by the fault hotline (available at 0800-5266625)?

• The fault hotline has not been contacted.

Thanks

Edit @Alston-Chueng Moved to the right board.

1 Antwort 1
Kurtler
SuperUser
SuperUser

You have a problem on the return path.

Since August 15th, 2022 there is no more individual support here in the forum. Support in English is available via Facebook or Twitter.

Best regards Kurt

Bitte keine Anfragen über PN stellen!