Constant packet loss / jitter / ping spikes
Skjold89
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Vodafone team

I have had serious stability issues with my connection since I got it, and it has recently gotten worse to the point where I cannot play online games without being disconnected periodically.

The connection has serious ping spikes (up to 700 ms) every couple of minutes and the connection sometimes goes offline for upwards to 15 seconds.

In addition, I have regular packet loss up to 2% and of course jitter.

I have tried reaching out by phone but my German is not at a level where I can talk about technical computer topics yet and have not found any other way of reaching out.

This connection is almost unusable as it is very unstable, I need help from Vodafone to fix it.

Connection: Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable
Router: Vodafone Wi-Fi 6 Station
Bundesland: Bayern
PLZ: 81369
Cable/WiFi: Ethernet Cable

I have tried:
- Restarting the router
- Checking connection of all cables
- Replacing cables

jitter1.JPGjitter2.JPGjitter3.JPG

6 Antworten 6
Skjold89
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

• In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du? Sende bitte auch die Postleitzahl
    Bayern - 81369

• Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du? (z.B. Hitron)
    WiFI 6 Station CGA6444VF

• Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät?Router came with contract.

• Welcher Fehler tritt auf? (Geschwindigkeit zu gering; Packetloss) Schicke dazu auch Screenshots von Speedtests (mit Datum und Uhrzeit) und Tracerts/ Pingplotter-Messungen bei Packetloss oder Ping-Problemen. Stelle beim Pingplotter 2,5 Sekunden beim Intervall ein und nutze betroffene Dienste als Ziel.

Internet disconnecting, very high ping spikes (up to 700 ms), packet loss, jitter.

speedtest1.JPG

pingplotter.jpg

• Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden? (LAN; WLAN; zusätzlicher Router; PowerLAN)Ethernet Cable
  • Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend)Every day since the start of the contract, has recently gotten a lot worse.
  • Lade dazu noch einen Screenshot von den Signalwerten hoch. Diese findest Du in der Benutzeroberfläche Deines Kabelrouters über 192.168.0.1 bzw. über 192.168.178.1 bei der Fritzbox.

upstream1.JPGdownstream1.JPG

• Welche Maßnahmen wurden durch die Störungshotline (erreichbar unter 0800-5266625 für Vodafone Kabel Deutschland bzw. 0221/46619100 für Vodafone West) durchgeführt?

I have reached out, but my German is not at a level where i can discuss these technical topics well enough so was not able to get help.

Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Skjold89,

that really does not sound very good. But we will help you.

Have you experienced that this is only on special times? For instance in the evenings? Or is it during the hole day as bad as you mentioned?

Best regards,  Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

This happens at all times of the day.

I'd had full connection drops occur early morning, mid-day, afternoon, late night (after 3 AM) etc.

I have very high ping spikes multiple times an hour on average as well

Manu

Ok, so I will take a closer look. Please send me your name, address, date of birth and customer number in a private message .

Sign in here again, when message is sent.

Thank you, Manu

Thanks Manu,

PM sent with the required info.

Manu

Hello and thanks for the message. I have checked your connection, there is nothing, that can cause these issues. No overload, no errors at the signal, signal quality is fine.

You have these issues from the beginning of your contract?

Best Regards, Manu