Frequent cable internet problems (English)
Elizabeth82491
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I activated my cable internet on May 25th, 2022 and after the 15min I had internet but it was interrupted every 5 minutes (installation, cable connections, and activation were made by a professional, so no unexpert issues were involved). The next days it worked well, but during the last 2 weeks, the connection is disrupted every day, especially during the afternoon and/or night, it happens for 5 minutes each 15 minutes approx. during 1-3 hours or there are long disconnections for 30 minutes approx., no matter if I am connected via cable or wifi, even if the lights in the router are working normally. This is really disgusting because it happens even when I am in online meetings, and restarting the router every day is not practical. Also, even if I have followed the steps of the virtual assistant, minutes later internet is disrupted again, and again, and again. Everything is perfectly connected at home, as I said, the installation was made by a professional; in fact, after the disruptions on the day of the activation of the service, the technician told me that it is possible that the router (model TG3442DE) is faulty from the factory because what was happening was not normal.

Vodafone doesn't have a contact form to report these problems, each link that I click to contact the company sends me to the virtual assistant, and it is not giving me a real solution for these frequent disconnections, only temporal solutions. When I call the customer service they say that the communication must be in German and unfortunately I don't speak that language, I cannot believe that a big company like this doesn't have options at least in English. Also, I don't have a ticket for this problem because obviously, I can only contact the virtual assistant when the internet is working and then everything remains as in the beginning.

If someone has had similar problems please let me know how you solved them. If a person from Vodafone read it, please give me a solution. Thanks, Elizabeth

13 Antworten 13
Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Elizabeth82491,

please ask where the house system is. Sometimes it it an an extra locked room in the basement. So the housekeeper should open the door.

The technical service will be free of charge, if the technician gets access and nothing in your flat (cables) are manipulated or defective. So I do not see any costs for you.

What have you paid for in the self installation? I can not see any costs for a technician, there was no technician from our house at your home to install it. Did you engage one by yourself?

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi @Manu ,

Any answer for my last question?

Disruptions happened again during the weekend.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Hi @Manu 

[Please ignore my previous message asking for an answer, I haven't seen your answer in the second page of the messages. Sorry!]

I had to contract a technician by myselft because the flat had an old radio/tv socket and it needed to be changed to be able to connect the adapter that Vodafone sent to me. At that time, I was unable to contact Vodafone (non English speakers at the customer service and when TOBi connected me to a real person she/he said ".you have to call the customer service, I cannot help you", and I couldn't use the forum then because I didn't want to activate my account until be sure that it would be feasible to change the socket).

Best regards,

Elizabeth

pRo-Marco

Hi Elizabeth,

so what about the access to the house-installation?

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!