Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancelling a contract after technician repair / where do I stand
tokoloki
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

===== GERMAN BELOW ======
Hi community, hope someone can shed some light on my matter.

I live in 13349 Berlin
In October I ordered a new contract with Vodafone kabel. I recieved the router by post a few days later and happily unboxed it, once connected. It was apparant I had no internet (lights would just blink - then go out)
I called vodafone after a few hours and was told to try some tricks to get the connection. None worked and a technician was ordered - the soonest avaialable appointment was 3 weeks later in November.

The technician arrived and had to repair something in the basement taking between 2 and 3 hours. Once the technician left the internet started working. But it was not the best experience and I wanted to cancel the service. So I called the hotline and spoke to a person who said the contract began from the day the internet started working and I had 14 days to cancel and sent me the wiederruf forumla to fill out and send to Vodafon which I did within a few hours after the call (8 days after the technician fixed the vodafone infrastructure in the builidng).

A day later I recieved a automated reply from Vodafone saying the applicaiton was unsuccessful so I called the hotline and again and was told to return the router and they will process the cancellation again (which I did). Now today (a week later) I called to check the status of the cancellation.
The consultant on the phone mentioned that none of the information i was told before was valid and the contract starts from the date I signed up for the service in late october and it was no longer possible to cancel the service.

Also I have no router so not sure what to do next.

====== GERMAN ======

Hallo Community, hoffe jemand kann etwas Licht in mein Anliegen bringen.

Ich wohne in 13349 Berlin
Im Oktober habe ich einen neuen Vertrag bei Vodafone kabel bestellt. Ich erhielt den Router ein paar Tage später per Post und packte ihn glücklich aus, sobald er angeschlossen war. Es war offensichtlich, dass ich kein Internet hatte (die Lichter blinkten nur – gingen dann aus)
Ich rief nach ein paar Stunden bei Vodafone an und wurde aufgefordert, einige Tricks auszuprobieren, um die Verbindung herzustellen. Nichts funktionierte und ein Techniker wurde bestellt - der früheste verfügbare Termin war 3 Wochen später im November.

Der Techniker kam und musste im Keller etwas reparieren, was zwischen 2 und 3 Stunden dauerte. Nachdem der Techniker das Internet verlassen hatte, begann es zu funktionieren. Aber es war nicht die beste Erfahrung und ich wollte den Dienst kündigen. Also rief ich die Hotline an und sprach mit einer Person, die sagte, der Vertrag beginne ab dem Tag, an dem das Internet funktionierte, und ich hatte 14 Tage Zeit, um zu kündigen, und schickte mir das Wiederruf-Forum zum Ausfüllen und Senden an Vodafon, was ich innerhalb weniger Stunden tat Anruf (8 Tage nachdem der Techniker die Vodafone-Infrastruktur im Gebäude repariert hat).

Einen Tag später erhielt ich eine automatische Antwort von Vodafone, dass die Bewerbung nicht erfolgreich war, also rief ich die Hotline erneut an und wurde aufgefordert, den Router zurückzugeben, und sie werden die Stornierung erneut bearbeiten (was ich auch tat). Jetzt habe ich heute (eine Woche später) angerufen, um den Status der Stornierung zu überprüfen.
Der Berater am Telefon erwähnte, dass keine der Informationen, die mir zuvor mitgeteilt wurden, gültig seien und der Vertrag ab dem Datum meiner Anmeldung für den Dienst Ende Oktober beginne und es nicht mehr möglich sei, den Dienst zu kündigen.

Außerdem habe ich keinen Router, also bin ich mir nicht sicher, was ich als nächstes tun soll.

1 Antwort 1
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm afraid to tell you that you won't be able to withdraw the contract anymore as the withdrawal period started the latest by the day you got the router, no matter if the set up took another 3 weeks.

The withdrawal right is NOT a right to test something but a right to check if everything from the contractual details is right - which you could have done in October. Thus your withdrawal period is long over and the next time you can cancel the contract is at the regular end of the minimum contractual term (mostly two years)...

And for the router: You can ask Vodafone to send you a rental router - but it might be that you have to pay for the handling and postage fees due to the fact that this (re-)send is unneccessary if you wouldn't have returned the device too early.