DSL Stuck at Activation Step
akox
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

I am a new customer of Vodafone DSL, and my modem (EasyBox 805) arrived today (after 11 days of signing the contract). When I try to activate it, the process is started and it got stuck at the activation step. I have already entered the modem installation code but it keeps stuck at the activation step for more than 6 hours. I've reset the modem and started the whole process again but it still got stuck at the same place for more than 2 hours. (I've attached the screenshot in the attachment.)

I tried to call Vodafone Support for many times but they hung up on me because they don't speak English. I've visited Vodafone Shops but they told me they can't help me for this problem. I don't know what the problem is and what to do. How can I solve this problem? thanks

5 Antworten 5
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

You will need to wait until the line has been set up by a technician - it might be required that you make an installation appointment.

In case you are not familiar enough with German, you may need to ask for help - as your contract only contains support in German language.

Andre
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey akox,

we send the easybox shortly before the activation date.

Did you recieve your welcomeletter?

There you'll find the concrete date when the technician comes & activates your landline.

Cheers,
Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
man5on24
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

i have the same problem. i even ask for a new instalation code but it doesn t work it.

it very rude when they hangup the phone on you because u dont speak the german language.

why even u make contracts to foreign people if u don t have english suport for us? . It s not free ...we pay every mouth..for your services. I have 2 appointments and nobody show up and i can t activate the router.

I made the contract on 10.01.2022 and it s not working today 15.04.2022.

@man5on24  schrieb:

it very rude when they hangup the phone on you because u dont speak the german language.

You made a contract in Germany with German as sole contractual language and call it rude if you don't get support in any other language than German?

You would face exactly the same problems in China with not speaking Chinese, in South Korea not speaking Korean, in Japan not speaking Japanese, in Italy not speaking Italian or in France not speaking French - if you sign a contract in a foreign language, it's up to you to get yourself the necessary help and translators needed.

@man5on24  schrieb:

why even u make contracts to foreign people if u don t have english suport for us?

As I said - you signed a contract in German language that states that German is sole contractual language - if you are unable to communicate in German language, then you'll need to get yourself a translator on your own expenses. You simply cannot expect to get support in English everywhere around the world just because you pull the "but I am from a foreign country"-card.

Hello Andre, does the issue fixed ?I have the same issue and cannot proceed further . Thanks.