Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you need to return your loaner device to Vodafone  but how does that work? It depends on whether you're returning it due to a cancellation or withdrawal. And how do you even know if the device is a loaner? Here, you'll find everything you need to know about returning loaner devices. ℹ️ Use your browser plugin to translate linked websites in this article.

127_1151198108.jpg

Returning Your Vodafone Loaner Device

If it’s your own device, it remains yours. However, a Vodafone loaner device must be returned sooner or later, usually when you cancel your Vodafone contract. Other cases that might require a return include receiving a defective loaner device or exercising your right of withdrawal after signing a contract. Typical questions include: How do I know if I’m using a loaner device? What do I need to keep in mind when returning it? Where can I find the return label? And where do I need to send the device? Here, you’ll find all the answers regarding returns of DSL, cable, LTE, and TV loaner devices, so you can easily return your device to us.

How Do You Know If Your Device Is a Loaner?

The easiest way to check is through your Vodafone contract or in the MyVodafone portal. Simply navigate to "My Products" in the left-hand menu and then look under "Devices."

What Happens to Your Loaner Device After You Cancel?

After you cancel your Vodafone contract, you have a 14-day period to return your loaner device. The return label will be sent to you along with a cancellation confirmation via email. Include the return label in the package. Done. You’ll need to cover the return shipping costs yourself. If you’re still using the device for other Vodafone services, you can keep it for the time being.

How Does a Return Work During the Withdrawal Period?

When you sign a Vodafone contract, you have a 14-day withdrawal period during which you can reverse your decision and return your loaner device to us. Send us your withdrawal in writing. We will then send you a withdrawal confirmation and a return label. Include both in the return package. Done. If you’ve provided your email address in MyVodafone under "My Data," we’ll send you a free return label via email.

What to Do If Your Loaner Device Is Delivered Defective?

Occasionally, your device may get damaged during shipping. If that happens, we will send you a free replacement device. Go to our returns portal and get your QR code for the exchange.

Why and When Will a Loaner Device Be Charged?

Sometimes your return might overlap with our billing process. Or perhaps you forgot to return your loaner device? In that case, we’ll charge you for the device. However, you can still return the device after the return period has expired. As soon as we receive it, we’ll send you a confirmation and refund the amount within four weeks.

The Vodafone Returns Portal Helps You in Any Case

You can find all the information about device returns in our returns portal. Just enter your phone number or delivery note number along with your postal code. Is your order still on its way? Then wait until your package arrives.