Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you moving? No need to leave your contract behind. We can help. Focus on your move—we'll take care of your contract and ensure you have internet access again quickly. All the information you need can be found in our online help section. We'll guide you step by step on how to easily request a move with us.  ℹ️ Use your browser plugin to translate linked websites in this article.

GettyImages-668769285bb.jpg

Do you already know your moving date? If so, it's best to let us know online 4 to 6 weeks in advance. You can do that here. Then, you can start surfing immediately in your new home. Do you have multiple contracts or customer numbers with us? If so, please apply for the move separately for each customer number.

Moving with Your Mobile Contract

Log in to the MyVodafone app or the web portal with your details. Then, under the "Contract Data" tab, enter your new address. You will, of course, keep your phone number.

Don't have the MyVodafone app yet? Then please download it:

Moving with Fixed-Line Internet

Are you moving with your internet and fixed-line contract? Is the area code of your new location changing? If so, you'll automatically receive a new number. We will also check the internet speed at your new location so you can surf faster—if possible.

We can’t provide your current technology at your new location? In that case, you can switch to a different technology.

Are you moving abroad?

Taking your DSL or cable contract abroad is not possible. In this case, you can terminate your contract early or transfer it to your new tenant. More on that below.

Can I take my mobile contract abroad?

If you're moving abroad, you can always take your mobile contract with you. Are you moving within the EU? With an EU Flex contract, you can continue to surf as usual without incurring additional costs. Are you planning to return to Germany in the future? Then you have the option to pause your contract. The pause costs a one-time fee of €29.95 and can be done once for up to 12 months during your contract term.

Can I transfer my DSL or cable contract to my new tenants?

Yes, that's possible. Your new tenants can take over your contract 1:1—with all terms and cancellation periods. Simply fill out this form: InfoDoc 297 (only in German)  Form for Contract Transfer for Vodafone Fixed-Line

Want to learn more about transferring your contract to new tenants? Check out this page: Contract Transfer of a Cable Internet Contract

What does the moving service cost?

Do you only have a TV and/or mobile contract with us? Then the move is free of charge. If you keep your internet & fixed-line product during the move, we charge a one-time fee of €39.99. If you decide to switch to a different Vodafone product with a new minimum contract term during the move, the switch is free.

What happens after you report the move?

You will receive a confirmation from us by email or letter with a summary of your contract. You need to confirm this once. For DSL or fiber optic, you'll receive the order confirmation as soon as we have coordinated a connection date with the network operator.

Do I need to set up my device again?

Setting up your connections depends on your device. For cable connections, you can simply plug in the router and get started.

Note: This only works if you stay in the same city/state. If you move to another state, a device change may be necessary. You can find instructions for your router in our collection of links.

Now you have all the essential information and can get started. Do you still have a question? Ask the community. Together, we'll find the right answer!