Internet doesn't work since 5 months
Lea33
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

HI all,

I got a contract with vodafone kabel more than one year ago.

During the first 11 months, Internet worked perfectly. 

At the end of November 2018, while I was watching a documentary, the connection suddenly stopped working.

The routeur is working but can't connect to my TV and Handy. Maybe the issue comes from the bandwidth? I have no idea. I'm not a technician but a customer.

Today is the 16th of May 2019 and I still don't have internet at home. Is it normal?

I pay almost 50 euros every months for a service not provided by Vodafone Kabel. Is it normal ?

I called them several times.  I asked them to send a technician at home. They never did.

They just kept repeating that everything is working after checking only remotely, without ever having brought someone to the site.

Then they closed the tickets.

Ah yes. Once, they sent me a new cable (thank you but it didn't work, even not 1 seconde).

So I called them, again.

They kept repeating that they didn't understand what's going on (if you don't understand the problem, if it's out of your skills, what don't you send a technician to the site ? ).

They are very reactive when it comes to take money  every months on my account. Don't they feel ashamed? 

I pay a service who doesn't exist since 6 months !

I finally decided to send a cancellation letter and asking for the refund of the last 6 months. 

After that, they asked me to be patient by going to the forum.

Do I need to get a lawyer?

Can you help me?

Thank you. 

Edit: Moved thread to matching board. Feedback-->Kabel

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Hi Marco,

I received the new router, yesterday ; internet works, perfectly Smiley (fröhlich) .

I want to thank you a lot for considering my issues, being efficient and reacting so quickly. 

It seems to be the end of a stressful time. 

About the customer service

The issue could have been solved in 1 week if the customer service had done their job properly. 

Since they overlooked my situation from the end of November till the begining of May, didn't listen to my complaints, didn't consider my requests for refund, I will assert my rights.

If a service doesn't exist, the provider has no right to take money from the customer.

They spoiled my daily life and confort, generating intensive stress. 

If they don't take responsability (refund, damages amount, apologies), I will get a lawyer.

A letter about it will be sent, very soon.

For now, I'm very happy by knowing that I can finally enjoy internet, again.

I wish you a good day !

Léa

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

14 Antworten 14
pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Lea33,

I can't tell you what's going on. If the remote check says, that everything is okay with the connection, than it is. There is no need for a technician. Does the TV-signal works (not IP-TV)? Does a wired connection to the router works?

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Morning pRo-Marco,

At first, I want to thank you for your quick answer.

I regret that the Vodafone customer service invited to go to the forum to ask the support (I didn't hear anything about it) only after receiving my letter about cancellation.

I could have saved time earlier.

That's their role to guide the client through the steps.

You cannot say that everything is fine, then closing the tickets that way without finding out what happens, continuing to take money and letting the customer in that situation. That's very serious and it can't be accepted. 

We are not talking about 2 weeks of issues but 6 months.  

So if I undertstand, "If the remote check says, that everything is okay with the connection, than it is. There is no need for a technician." Ok.

What will it happen if you can't help me?  I can understand that some issues cannot always be solved. 

But whatever it is, I will appreciate that something be done.

Solution to make it work again and refund for the last 5 montths

Or

Refund and Cancellation of the contract

The TV-signal works  but it's written "connexion au serveur impossible. Un problème est peut-être survenu lors de la connexion au réseau, ou PlayStation Network ou le serveur du fournisseur d'accès est peut-être momentanément occupé. "

Translation :  "server connection impossible. A problem may have occurred when connecting to the network, or PlayStation Network or the ISP's server may be temporarily busy. "

The signal on my phone is working, as well but it's written " Internet peut ne pas être disponible. Connectez-vous à un autre réseau". 

Translation : "The Internet may not be available. Connect to another network". 

I would like to remind you that the connexion stopped working on the TV and phone at the same moment.

Please, find attached 3 pictures.

Thank you.

Lea33
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Second picture

Lea33
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Picture 3 

pRo-Marco

Hi Lea33,

so every device is connected with WiFi? Does a wired connection to the router works? I try to find ou, whether there is an issue with the router. In that case we can replace it. I'll also check the connection. Please send me your name, address and customer number by PN. Please also let me know here if you have sent the message.

Kind regards

Marco

Lea33
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
Hi Marco,

I just sent you a message by PN.
Lea33
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
Then, yes, every device is connected with WiFi?
pRo-Marco

Hi Lea33,

it's not that easy to find out what's wrong Smiley (gleichgültig) As I asked 2 times ago: Does a wired connection works? Everything seems to be finde with the internet-connection.

I will send a new router. You can replace it and send the old one back to us within 2 weeks.

Kind regards

Marco

Hi Marco,

I answered you, already; a wired connection doesn't work. Nothing works.

Everything should already be written in the file. 

I kept repeating all this on the phone to the customer service during 5 months.

Thank you much for your reactivity and thank you for trying.

I hope that It will finally work. 

So I will send the old one back to you.

Kind regards,

Léa