Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Confusion from Vodafone resulted in loss of money.
burinskiy
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Good Afternoon.
I am a client of Vodafone for 3 years now, my name is Oleg Burinskiy.

Recently I discovered that on 14th of September Vodafone had charged me for 50,45 Eur. I contacted the 24h Support Team and they said that "These are the fees for the recently cancelled contract. Any overpayments will be refunded with the next invoice run."

Now the reason why the contract was cancelled was because of the confusion that Vodafone made.
I will explain the situation below:

At the end of May 2018 I received a call from Vodafone with an offer of a new contract to which I agreed.
On June 1, your employee came to my apartment to sign a new contract and cancel the old one.
Since then I received 2 Kündingunsbestätigung by e-mail and a Bewertung request.
But on June 11 I received an sms with the following: "Lieber Vodafone-Kunde, installieren Sie bitte in den nächsten 5 Tagen Ihren Kabel-Router. Damit aktivieren Sie Ihren Anschluss. Den Kabel-Router und eine Anleitung zur Installation finden Sie im Starter-Paket. Das haben Sie schon von uns bekommen. Freundliche Grüße, Ihr Vodafone-Team"
At that moment I did NOT receive a new Router and/or Startpaket. I had no notification from DHL/Deutsche Post/Hermes/etc either.

I thought that Vodafone equipment was lost on the way to my apartment and I needed to resolve this problem before my old contract got disconnected and I wouldn’t have no internet at home.
The same day on June 11 I called the Vodafone hotline and explained the situation. Your colleague has told me that there is NO new contract for my name or address. So I asked to revoke the Kündigung (obviously I didn't want to live without Internet at home). This was successful. (The operator also tried to sell me a mobile contract despite the fact that I hardly understood what she was saying as the conversation was in German) A few days later I received a confirmation mail to my address saying that my “cancellation was successfully revoked”. And I am still using my old contract which is fine for me for now.

Around August 20, 2018 I received a letters from Vodafone about the discontinuing of the analog TV signal. The letters were addressed to Olek Burinskiy (not Oleg).

On August 24, 2018 I received an SMS from Vodafone saying “Ihr Paket ist unterwegs! Sie erhalten es in 1 bis 2 Werktagen”. I was a bit surprised because honestly I believed that there was no new contract for me as I mentioned above in this letter.
On August 25, 2018 I received a package from Vodafone with your equipment but the name on the package was also Olek (again, not Oleg).

I contacted the Vodafone Support on Facebook and your colleague understood my situation and cancelled the “new” contract. A big thank you to Lars from the support team:)
I sent the equipment back and the router was received by Vodafone.

Now as you can see all this confusion was not my fault therefore I believe that I should be refunded the 50,45 Eur.

Can you please tell me:

1. Will it be possible to refund that money?

2. If it is not possible then when can I cancel my contract in order to switch to a different provider? Do I have to wait until next year or can I do it any time?

Thank you.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Tina
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello burinskiy,

since you did not reply to my last message, I assume that your request has been dealt with. I will now close your post. If you still have questions, you can always open a new thread.

Best regards

Tina

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten 2
Tina

Hello burinskiy,

welcome to our community. Nice to see you.

Send me the following informations in a private message:

full name

address

customer number

Write a short reply here afterwards.

Kind regards

Tina

Tina

Hello burinskiy,

since you did not reply to my last message, I assume that your request has been dealt with. I will now close your post. If you still have questions, you can always open a new thread.

Best regards

Tina