Very low upload speed! I am already paying for more upload bandwith, but didn't work out :(
radicalrj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

hi,
I have Cable internet (200mbps/50mbps, with extra upload speed option), and today I just tested and my speed test is around 200down/3up.
REALLY!! Only 3 mbps upload!!

I am having issues with my upload speed since last year... This year in january, I decide to updagre my plan from (200/10) to (200/50) paying 3 euros more for the extra upload speed, trying to solve my low upload issue!!

I am having an avg of 5 mbps as upload speed during the day... Even paying the upload extra, may upload speed never pass 10mbps.

Please help!

56 Antworten 56
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi,

I've given you credit up to and including June.

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Thats is lovely!! Looking forward to having my upload speed back!!

I am having a hard time working from home... 1.2Mbps, just tested (19/mar 15:13)

Please, don't close this ticket! I would like to get notified about any update about this.

@Wallace I just checked tha CableMax costs 39eur. Can I upgrade to this plan using my FAST 5460?
Because I am now paying 42eur for 200mbps and 50 upload.
I am more interested of having more upload.
so, I can migrate to cable max for 39eur?

Wallace

Hey,

You can book the upgrade via the customer portal. You will then receive a new Docsis 3.1 capable cable router. But keep in mind that the bandwidth is currently not reached.

Regards

Wallace

@Wallace can you answer:
1) any idea what would be the download for my area? can I go over 200mbps?
2) My current router support the new plan? I will receive a new one for free?
3) more important question: is 39eur plan the final price? or just a discount?

@radicalrj  schrieb:

1) any idea what would be the download for my area? can I go over 200mbps?

If you can book the GigaMax 1000 MBit/s, it'll be the 1000 MBit/s max.

But there may be problems as long as the upload has problems as TCP packets have to be acknowledged and this may be a problem with your distorted upload.

@radicalrj  schrieb:

2) My current router support the new plan? I will receive a new one for free?

If your current router is not capable of DOCSIS3.1, you'll get a new DOCSIS3.1-capable router for free - you then have to send back the current device.

@radicalrj  schrieb:

3) more important question: is 39eur plan the final price? or just a discount?

It's the final base price without any additional options, e.g. only Internet without WiFi or other options.

This would especially mean the WiFi-Option for 2.99 € per month, the Homebox-Option for 6.99 € per month or the security package for 3.99 € or 4.99 € per month. Same for additional telephony options...

@Wallace @reneromann ok, I will upgrade to the cablemax since it is cheaper!

Can I still have a discount on my billing because of the upload problem? (Wallace was talk about this above)
If I apply to the cablemax I will lose the reduction?

My upload is broken since over 1 year already. Also just 3 mbit.

But I wish you good luck 😉

Wallace

Hi radicalrj,

wollen wir es mal mit einem Technikereinsatz versuchen?

VG Wallace

@Wallace will the "vodafone technician" solve my problem? 
You said that is a location problem!
I am looking into the cable max because is a cheaper option with 50mbps upload!
Also, you said that I will receive a discount, can you confirm that this discount will stay if I change to cable max? Otherwise, doesn't make sense to change my plan right now.