abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Old contract doesn't work at the new address
MaksSh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello dear community,

I have faced a difficult situation with my cable connection. I have a contract I used in Berlin for around 5 years already. Yesterday I moved to Stralsund, and before that, I ordered to move my internet connection to a new address. I have received an email from Vodafone that it's all good, I only need to connect the router to DSL, and the connection will be established. Didn't happen.

I tried to restart the router and make some magic with WPS, but nothing helped. I tried to connect via LAN with no success. The browser redirects to https://kabelmodemaktivieren.vodafone.de/ and this page doesn't load.

I have called the support many times and they tried to help, but that was mostly useless. Also, some of them couldn't find my contract number. Once that happened, I opened my Vodafone account and found a message saying that my contract ended ad I have to send the router back. But! After this message, it was said that if I didn't finish the contract, it is all good. I am really confused.

I need help with this situation. I think I have tried everything. And as not a native speaker, it's quite hard to talk to support and get real help, even though they all are very nice and friendly.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
MaksSh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Eventually, I got a call from Vodafone and 2 days later a technician came and set up everything. The problem is solved.

Thank you everyone!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten 9
J0hann
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi @MaksSh,

please contact our customer service via these contact channels. I suggest one of the social media channels.

My friends will help.

BR J0hann 

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
MaksSh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thanks @J0hann!

I will wait a bit more in case the activation code comes and will fix the problem.

no activation code nessesary for a rental device

activation takes place automaticly

problem is that the router is not associated to your current contract

MaksSh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@RobertP how can I associate it? And, I didn't get any contract update. I was told that I can just put the cable to the socket and that's it.

@MaksSh  schrieb:
how can I associate it?

you can't associate the router to your contract, only Vodafone can do this

as @J0hann already wrote try these contact channels:

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Vodafone-News/Dein-Kontakt-zu-Vodafone/m-p/1912292#M10954

support in english is available via Facebook, X (formerly Twitter) and WhatsApp

MaksSh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

The WhatsApp contact is TOBI, which is super useless. Could you tell me where to send a message on the FB page, please? There is no message box or something,

@MaksSh  schrieb:

The WhatsApp contact is TOBI, which is super useless

you have to overcome the Tobi bot with tags like "Kundenbetreuer"

after a while he'll give up and pass you to a real person

MaksSh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Eventually, I got a call from Vodafone and 2 days later a technician came and set up everything. The problem is solved.

Thank you everyone!

Kurtler
SuperUser
SuperUser

Then I'll close the thread here.

Best regards Kurt

Bitte keine Anfragen über PN stellen!