No internet in the apartment
erenkav
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi,

On 08.09.2022 I bought cable internet for my apartment. A few days ago I got the modem. But there was a problem on my wall plug. There was no connector on Data line so I asked for a technician from Vodafone. Technician came and examined the cable then he said there is no internet signal in your apartment. Building has internet connection but my apartment does not have any. He said you need to talk with Vodafone. I can't speak German and in every problem I am going to a Vodafone shop to express my problem and get support. And this Vodafone shop is not close to my apartment. Could you please help me to solve my problem?

3 Antworten 3
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm afraid Vodafone isn't the right partner to talk to.

If there is a problem with the in-house wiring, it's up to your landlord to fix this...

That may be right but technician said you need to talk with Vodafone to fix this problem. There is cabling in the apartment, there is just no signal in it. I think there is nothing that the landlord can do about that.

Just to be clear: The in-house wiring and thus the distribution from the Vodafone network endpoint in the basement to your appartment is solely on the landlord and NOT on Vodafone.

Vodafones responsibility ends with their network endpoint in the basement - any distribution inside the house is NOT part of the Vodafone network but on a house-internal network that is owned by your landlord. And as such, he has to take care that this house-internal network is OK or needs to fix it in order to guarantee that a signal that is provided by Vodafone to Vodafones network endpoint in the basement (called "Übergabepunkt" / transfer point) to any outlet inside the building.