Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cannot send/receive SMS, receive phone calls
DietCoke
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Last November, a Vodafone store swapped a physical SIM for an eSIM. Since then, I have not been able to send/receive SMS or receive phone calls. It worked only for 1 week in the last 5 months.

I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled the eSIM-Profil many, many times. Did the phone number not transfer to the eSim?

When I add the eSIM, the Phone Number does not show up... I have to enter it manually (and it still does not work).

4 Antworten 4
DietCoke
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Also....

If I add the replacement eSIM that Vodafone gave me from 2020, the SIM has no phone number but it does have service.

If I add the eSIM that Vodagone gave me in 2019, the SIM has the correct phone number but it does not have service.

Is the phone number still associated with the old eSIM and not the new one?

If I add the old physical SIM, the one the new eSIM in 2020 was supposed to replace, the physical SIM gets both a phone number and service.

It seems I was issue a faulty 2020 eSIM without the phone number transferred from the 2018 eSIM.

It seems the 2020 eSIM that I was issued does not have a phone number, but the ePIN associated with it works for an Apple Watch...

What I need to solve is replacing the physical SIM with a working eSIM for an iPhone.

Ink1
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi DietCoke,

Do you use several SIM cards for your number? Because you can only use sms on a sim card, enter the code * 133 # send key (green receiver) on the mobile phone on which you want to use sms and give me feedback whether it worked.

Best wishes

Inken

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!