Internet contract is ending in 10 days
Markovina
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Sir/Madam,

my contract is ending in 10 days after 2 years,. Despite that I tried so many times to contact you customer service via phone no one speak English so I dont know how I can discuss my contract conditions.I tried via chat but also they send me that they can not do anything except I need to call customer service.

Like this is going on and on over month.

Now I am super disappointed with service since when I was signing the contract at first place then everyone was speaking english.

Also, I am not taking responsibility if this notice period is not enough since it is only 10 days left.

My internet over the 2 years was not working so many times and I never received compesation for time that was not working.

So my question is how I can discuss the better therms for my contract if you want to keep me as customer, is it possible to get phone call from someone in English? Since for current price I am paying, I definitely will not stay you customer since I can find then cheaper and better conditions to other provides. 
Also I was promissed that someone will call me and 20 days now no one from your customer service didnt call me!

So what I should do? Is this behavior that you are refusing to call me so that automatically you renew my exesting contract.

i hope to get answers otherwise I would hire the lawyer to go out since this embarrassing.

Working in IT for foreign country and no one in company is hired who speak English?!? How is that possible?

my contact number is xxxxxxxxxxx.

Based on all mess and what I explained if you want to keep me as loyal customer you will need to offer me way better conditions.

Kind regards,

Ante Markovina

Edit: @Markovina 

Customer number removed

5 Antworten 5
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you really have a DSL contract, 10 days is too late to renew the contract due to timings with Telekom as holder of the lines that is renting them to other providers like Vodafone. And in that case Vodafone will already have cancelled the line rental - and this cannot be undone if there's not enough time to do so. Usually it is said that this takes 2 weeks - a time that you are now below.

Next thing: There's only the official price lists for "old" customers online available - if you don't accept those prices, you may need to switch to another provider - but this may take some weeks where you also will be offline due to the whole line rental process.

And thirdly: You are in Germany, sole contractual language is German, same for the support. All support in other languages than the contractually agreed upon ones is provided on a best effort base - that includes no support at all. And why should Vodafone hire English speaking hotline personal when this is not part of the contracts?

Thank you for wanting to help.

However im my building the owner is Vodafone so they dont need much time to connect you. Usually depends on provider that you choose. Telekom for me arrived in 1 week and install of it before and never had issue once with internet.

Regarding the situation,  I tried to fix it and cancel it on time but unfortunately as I explained above it was not possible.

And yes I think that they should speak English in UK own company, international company, for international country as Germany, where 30 % of population only speak English.

Even more it is hardly to belive that in 21 century non of this people never traveled since they are hiring people who never been outside of Germany, since in which language they communicate.

And last internally for sure they need to know English so they can communicate with headquarters.

So yes if they want to work in IT they should speak English, more since internet is invented in America and everything from beginning was in English. If they dont have a skills then they should sell shoes or work in bakery, then makes sense!

@Markovina  schrieb:

And yes I think that they should speak English in UK own company, international company, for international country as Germany, where 30 % of population only speak English.

Firstly: You are in Germany, sole official language is German. English is not an official language in Germany at all.

Same as in France or Italy - English also not an official language there...

And I highly doubt that there's 24 Million people in Germany only speaking English.

@Markovina  schrieb:

Even more it is hardly to belive that in 21 century non of this people never traveled since they are hiring people who never been outside of Germany, since in which language they communicate.

What people do in their free time doe not constitute anything about their work. Only because somebody is able to communicate in a very basic way of English, it does not mean that they will provide you with official English support.

@Markovina  schrieb:

And last internally for sure they need to know English so they can communicate with headquarters.

So yes if they want to work in IT they should speak English, more since internet is invented in America and everything from beginning was in English.

There is a huge difference between the IT department running the backbone and overall network configuration -and- the 1st level hotline support. The 1st level hotline support won't communicate with headquarters nor do they need to speak English at all at their work.

@Markovina  schrieb:

If they dont have a skills then they should sell shoes or work in bakery, then makes sense!

It is simply not needed for 1st level support -- same as the person selling at the bakery or selling shoes don't need to know how to make them and/or communicate with the international sales department from the shoe company.

@Markovina  schrieb:

Thank you for wanting to help.

However im my building the owner is Vodafone so they dont need much time to connect you. Usually depends on provider that you choose. Telekom for me arrived in 1 week and install of it before and never had issue once with internet.

It does not matter who owns the house but who owns the lines. Usually the lines are owned by Telekom and NOT by Vodafone, so Vodafone has to rent the DSL line from Telekom - which is regulated by the Telecommunications Law. And these renting process takes some time - usually at least two weeks (that's the official timeline). There might be times when it's faster - but that doesn't mean that you can rely on that.

I see their level instead of them you are answering.

You obviously dont have any other work to do then to play customer service agent.

And yes today for basic education you need to speak English, thats consider standard. 
Check on internet.

You as many Germans are justifying your laziness or incompetence.

and by the way for my job for public state German institution my job is in English language.

Nevertheless, I didnt come to discuss witj you I come here to fix my problem. So neither you can help me , neither you are offical employee, neither you opinon matters so please find something else, or extra job where you can do something useful.

Thank you for your help but dont need opinon or guesses I need solution.

Best

@Markovina  schrieb:

I see their level instead of them you are answering.

You obviously dont have any other work to do then to play customer service agent.

And yes today for basic education you need to speak English, thats consider standard. 
Check on internet.

No, you don't need to. If your job does not require these kind of skills, your boss can not require you to have these skills - simply as it is.

And if Vodafone only asks for German-speaking Hotline personal, then Vodafone will get only German-speaking Hotline personal - and nobody from them will try to use their basic English knowledge (if they have - keep in mind that English was not a mandatory foreign language especially in Eastern Germany before Reunification - but also in some areas next to the French border where instead of English French was (mandatory) first foreign language. So there's still a huge amount of people in Germany that do not have the necessary skills in English in order to operate an English support channel (or even have basic English skills at all).

And as I said - if Vodafone opts to only grant German support and this is contractually agreed upon, then there is only German support.

@Markovina  schrieb:

You as many Germans are justifying your laziness or incompetence.

I think YOU are justifying YOUR laziness and/or incompetence to learn German - especially if you are working in a "public state German institution". You have come here as guest and as such you should try to learn German ASAP - and not have that lazy "Nah, I don't need to learn German, everyone has to talk English" approach, even after at least 2 years.

@Markovina  schrieb:

Nevertheless, I didnt come to discuss witj you I come here to fix my problem. So neither you can help me , neither you are offical employee, neither you opinon matters so please find something else, or extra job where you can do something useful.

Be sure that I have a job where I do something useful...

@Markovina  schrieb:

I need solution.

You cancelled your contract, so your contract will run out - simple as that.

Get a new contract at whatever ISP you would like - but be aware that you will be offline for some days/weeks due to internal processes from the ISPs in order to get you a (new) line.

As I said - once Vodafone has received your cancellation, they will file a cancellation of the rented line with Telekom to the end of your contract - and this rental cancellation cannot be undone if there's not enough time left. This "not enough time left" is defined by the rules of that official processes and usually means at least 2 weeks before the end of the DSL contract.

So if the contract is renewed by you more than 2 weeks before the end, the line rental cancellation sent to Telekom can be undone by Vodafone before the rental cancellation becomes effective.

If it's less than 2 weeks before the end of the contract, the rented line will get cancelled -no matter if you renew the contract with Vodafone or opt to switch to another ISP- and Vodafone or any other ISP will have to ask Telekom for a new line rental contract - and this can take some weeks...