abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[English] Unstable connection since a couple of weeks. Suppose Vodafone station is faulty.
ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello!
Since a copule of weeks I am having regular connection issues (2-3 times per day), which is really annoying, since I am working remotely from home. I will try to describe my setup and issue below:

- 500 mbit tariff on Cable (ex Kabel Deutschland)

- Vodafone Station in bridge mode
- TP Link M4 mesh - 3 nodes

Several times a day the connection becomes unstable, about 80% of packets lost. Sometimes it heals by itself after some minuates, but in most cases I have to restart the Vodafone Station. Since the connection became unstable I am always running ping to my local Gateway and 8.8.8.8. Ping to the Gateway remains flawless between 1 and 3 ms, so I guess we can exclude the mesh network, as same stays online and responsive. At the same time, 8.8.8.8 is either not responding at all or responding with very high ping and about 80% packets lost. When I restart the Station, everything gets back to normal. Today I have also tried to unplug the LAN cable from the Station and to plug it into another (2nd) LAN port, and it helped too. Whenever I check Vodafone page for any issues in my area, it says that there are no issues and the connection is OK.

Based on above, I presume that the Vodafone Station is faulty. Please advise if you can suggest any solution and/or if you need any additional information from me.

17 Antworten 17

Hi again!

Okay, today I have managed to record a really "good" breakdown. The screenshot is attached. It was lasting for 9 minutes until I have restarted the Station (you can see the restart as a fully red section between 22:33 and 22:37). After restarting the Station, the "Internet" LED was blinking red for some time, and after a couple of minutes it got white and the connection was restored without any issues.

The test has been done on:

- Vodafone Station after fresh factory reset (yesterday via small button)
- router mode
- cable connection to LAN1 port

Looking forward to hearing from you soonest!

Best regards,

Anton

Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

well, the bridgemode isnt still active, what did you mean with routermode?

LG

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Tobias.

I mean the normal operation mode, when the bridge mode is "ausgeschaltet" in MeinVodafone settings.

Those interruptions were recorded with a machine, connected by a cable to LAN1 port fo the Station. In the end, it has nothing to do with bridge mode, as same was happening when the Station was running in the Bridge mode, and still happening now, when it doesn't. I told you already that I have switched the modes to test it, while waiting for a reply from you here. Your colleague have asked me to record the data with PingPlotter via a cable connection, and I have provided it, as requested. What is the point of asking me about the bridge mode again? I have mentioned already that I have switched it off. I can not afford having the Station ruinning in bridge mode all day long and have only one machine connected to it via cable.

You have the screenshot now and you probably have some connection logs, can't you see where is the problem?

Brgds / Anton

Claudia

Hello ontonivo,

I had a look at the data from your modem on May 26th, your modem showed problems with the reachibility and other erros, but another device in your area had none of these problems. The net looks good as well. So I assume there is either a problem with the router or with your line. I suggest a technician checks this, he can replace the router if it is defective. Can you grant him access to the house installation? Are there symptoms that might be linked to Covid-19 in your household? Is the mobile number that ends on 594 your current one, so the technician can call you there to make an appointment?

Regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Claudia!

Many thanks! I hope those services are free of charge for me?

The mobile number ending with 594 is correct.

Best regards,

Anton

Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello ontonivo,

the technician is free of charge, unless the cable from the socket to the router is damaged, for example.

Can you please still answer the questions about Covid and the home system?

Greetings Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Hi Claudia,

No simptoms of Covid in our household, and we can grant access to the house installation, of course.

Best regards,

Anton

Jens
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hey Anton,

i create ticket for you and the technician make the appointment with you.

Let us know, what's happened.

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!