Info about my current DSL tariff
Aleksandar_V
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi,

I have DSL interent connection from vodafone for couple of years already.

Today there was a Telekom technician at my door asking which Internet provider I am using. He said that Telekom will replace cables in my building(Vodafone is at the moment renting cables for DSL from Telekom according to him). Telekom will install fiber optic and he asked me if he should put me on the list to switch to Telekom fiber connection as when they install new cables our internet(vodafone) will not work anymore?

I asked how he means it will not work when Vodafone didn't informed me about this at all? The answer was that it will work but don't know how well and how long. Telekom will not support those old DSL cables so if we have problelm with our old DSL connection Vodafone can not fix it as it is not the owner of the cables and Telekom will not fix it as they switched to fiber in my building and don't care about old cables. We got offer to switch now and do not pay anything for the switch, if we don't do that in the following days and we want to do that later(when Vodafone DSL stops working) we will have to pay for the fiber cable ourselves, cca 800e according to the technician.

Does Vodafone has any idea about this new situation related to my Internet connection? Will they still be able to support it in future? Eather via DSL connection, or fiber?
Is it possible that when Telekom changes cable Vodafone informs me that they will not provide the service anymore on my location? 

I don't want to end up in the sitation that technician explained: internet stopps working in the future and Vodafone says it is Telekom problem(cable) and Telekom says it is Vodafone problem

Thank you.

1 Antwort 1
Andre
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey Aleksandar_V,

this feels like a door to door salesman trying to scare other customers into making a contract directly with the telecom.

Even if fibre is deployed, its most likely parallel to an existing dsl infrastructure.
So its highly unlikely that support for dsl will run out.

Cheers,
Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!