New customer with connection problem
Malladi
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Vodafone,

I had recently ordered my new DSL connection at my new flat. In next 2 days I had received a packet with Fritz box router and few supplements (connectors, Power supply and installation manuals). I opened the box and connected as stated in the installation manual. The power led starts to blink but never comes to halt state. Then I had gone through the manual and got to knew that the led blinks at start up until the connection is perfect otherwise there would be some issue with connection. I had received a customer number and activation code which I have used it to open the account at mykabel login. I have no clue what is going wrong is t with the setting that are not properly initialized or with cable at my new flat has some issues or do I need to receive any activation code to activate the device? I have no idea and per the past 1 week I was waiting for an answer and no one gave me proper solution. Every time they ask me to look the help videos and I have done it. But still there is something missing I have no clue about it. I hope that you understand my issue. Customer Number: 9337*****

Edit: please choose the right board and do not post your personal information publicly. Moved from "Gewinnspiele".

8 Antworten 8
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Seems like your Box can't connect to the cable network - so you'll need a technician to set up the line.

Hello Thank you for your immediate response. I had already made an appointment with technical person to come at 28.9.2018. But i had seen no person. Could you please provide me some information on how can i take an appointment for this kind of technical issue. Thank you.

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Mallsan,

I can check why there was no technician if you send me your customer number and your address via private message. Reply here after you sent the message.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Malladi
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Claudia,

I had sent you private message with all details kindly go through it. Thank you.

Best regards,

Mallsan.

ERFD

Hello, Mallsan,

Unfortunately we cannot read out your modem and check it for errors. Can you please connect the included modem and leave it on?

Greetings Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

@ERFD

Seems like @Malladi already connected the rental device (the Homebox 3 aka FritzBox 6490) to the network, but there is a signal issue - so the "typical" "self-install not successfull" error.

Malladi
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I had connected the device but i dont know what was the error and why is it not connecting. Could you please try again to connect my device. Thank you.

ERFD

Hello Mallsan,

apparently the technician was there the day before yesterday evening. The Fritz!box is now connected. But for some reason the box has only 4 downstreams. There must again a technician raus. With the neighbours in the house it is in order.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!