abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Leaving Germany, Cancelling Contract
KuoCH
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

To whom it may concern,

I hope this post finds you well. Sorry for writing in English.

After three years of studies in Germany, I will be leaving this terrific country for the United States due to personal reasons. As a result, I would like to cancel my cell phone contract with the Vodafone Company in Germany. I scheduled my Abmeldung on August 1st and will close my bank account as well.

When I signed the contract at Vodafone store three years ago and when I extended my contract a year ago with the sales representatives, they were both nice and friendly enough to answer my questions regarding the mobile phone contracts. As I was new to the country and could/can not  speak German, I felt truly grateful for their kindness. However, they both assured me that I would be able to cancel the contract if I left Germany earlier than expected. All I have to do is to show my Abmeldung at the store. This was a primary concern for me due to the fact that the Master's program I participated in had a high attrition rate; after all, it would not make sense to participate in a contract I cannot cancel knowing that I had a 50% chance of failing and going to my home country.

In order to find out more information regarding how to cancel my contract, I did some research and found out that it is not possible to cancel the contract prior to the specified deadline. This is a direct contradiction to the information I received from two sales representatives at the Vodafone Store. I naturally went the the Vodafone stores tried to understand this situation, and most importantly, the confusing information. It was a failed attempt. As the two sales representatives both left Vodafone store, and the other sales representatives informed me that this problem can only be settled by the Vodafone Central Station Company not the store.

Surely, as I was/am not capable of speaking German, there has been some misunderstanding on both ends and I would like to settle this in a timely manner before my leaving Germany and closing my bank account. 

I am writing this mail to kindly ask for your assistance regarding this matter, to cancel my contract with the Vodafone Company before the contract deadline due to personal reasons.

Best,
K.C.H

4 Antworten 4
KuoCH
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I have a mobile phone contract with the Vodafone Company!

Su
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi KuoCH,

this is a standoff. Frustrierte Smiley

One year ago you extended your contract - with a new mobile or without?

Have you got anything written by this two friendly sales representatives?

Thanks

Su

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
KuoCH
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Su,

Thank you for your timely reply. Yes, it would appear that this is quite an unfortunate situation Frustrierte Smiley

To answer your questions: Yes, both the contracts are with mobile phones. In addition, I don't have anything written from the sales representatives in neither the first contract or the second contract. They provided consistent information and were really nice to me that, unfortunately, this thought never crossed my mind. 

The information they provided was that once I received the official proof from the city government stating that I am leaving Germany for another country permanently, I can bring the proof to the store and ask them to help me with the cancellation process (sadly, they all left)! They said that the Vodafone company cannot provide service in another country under the same terms and conditions. They even turned to a certain page of the contract and told me that it was all written here; hence, no hand-written proof. This is all I can remember from the conversation. The information was consistent with my understanding from my health insurance company and my landlords so I thought, as a non-German citizen, that this makes perfect sense.

Thank you again for your timely reply and for your kind assistance regarding this cancellation! Please do let me know if there is any problem.

Best,
K.C.H 

Su

Dear KuoCH,

the "problem" is the small price for the mobiles you paid.

With your monthly bill this amount is balanced.

Let´s see how to solve this.

Please send your mobile phone numbers with your customer password via PN.

(Just click on my name following "Diesem Benutzer eine Private Nachricht senden" on the right)

Sunny greets

Su

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!