Frage

Antwort

Lösung

New Vodafone Station reboots randomly
tmacfan532
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

At the beginning of the month, we switched to the new "Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable" gigabit plan and started using the Vodafone Station modem/router (firmware version AR01.02.037.08_121719_711.PC20.10).

Normally everything runs fine, but fairly regularly (usually at least once per day) the router reboots for no apparent reason, which then requires a few minutes of startup before the wifi can be used again. Naturally this is quite frustrating, especially when it happens in the middle of a work conference call.

I have attached a screenshot of the DOCSIS parameters and can provide more information as needed.

Also, I don't know if it has anything to do with the problem, but shortly after switching to the gigabit plan, a technician came to remove some sort of "filter" from our connection box in the Keller – he said something about it having been installed previously for something related to television (maybe for previous tenants, because we have never used the cable for TV).

7 Antworten 7
pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi tmacfan532,

this has nothing to do with the filter. I'll check the connection.

Please send me your name, address and customer number by PN. Please also let me know here if you have sent the message.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Marco,

I just sent you a PN with my account details.

Thanks!

pRo-Marco

Hi tmacfan532,

I can't see a single reboot within the last week. How often does this happen?

Kind regards

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks for checking. It seemed to be happening fairly regularly since the beginning of April, but of course I would only notice it when actively using the internet since then it would stop working for a few minutes while the router rebooted. Maybe the problem resolved itself, but the last time I took note of the router rebooting was on April 22 around 3:30pm. Before that, I had noted it rebooting on the following days:

02.04.2020 in the afternoon

03.04.2020 in the afternoon

06.04.2020 in the afternoon

07.04.2020 in the afternoon

08.04.2020 in the morning

09.04.2020 in the morning

15.04.2020 around 6:00pm

16.04.2020 around 4:00pm

Edit: Also, I just noticed that in the "Status" section of my router page, under "Uptime since last reboot" it says "01 days, 18 hours and 07 minutes."

ERFD

Hello tmacfan532,

the counter is only reset when a power reset is performed.

Best regards Fred

Hi, I have the exact same problem.  Should I open a new thread or can it be handled in this one? Since it happened last time yesterday evening and I guess almost every evening during the last weeks, it should still be traceable.  I'm sending you my account information shortly.

Regards,

Michael

Edit: Ok, I just read that unrequested PMs will not be dealt with. So I would like to get a PM request...

Wallace

Hi Michael,

please open your own thread.

Regards

Wallace