Fritzbox7530 Internet connection
MTehrani
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, 

I changed my router to Fritzbox 7530, but I do not have the same plug on the wall and I bought the converter but still, It does not work and I do not know how can I resolve this problem, would you please let me know how can I solve this problem?

Regards

Madjid

Edit: @MTehrani Post moved to the right board!

7 Antworten 7
Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi MTehrani,

do you have a cable or a DSL connection from us?

The 7530 is intended for a DSL connection, so it won't work on a cable connection.

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Manu

Yes, I received this new router from Vodafone because I changed my plan, I do not understand exactly what you said about the connection. would you please let me know do I need to change the plug on the wall?

Regards

Manu

Hi MTehrani,

I would like to know whether you have a contract with us for cable connection (i.e. television cable) or a DSL contract (i.e. telephone cable).

You do not need to change the socket in the wall, it depends on the supply line to your apartment. I don't know exactly how to explain it to you without us misunderstanding each other...

If you have a DSL contract, you have to connect the router to the telephone socket in the wall. If you have a cable contract, connect the router to the TV socket. But you can't do that with the box you named.

Best Regards, Manu

Dear Manu, 

I have an Internet contract, as you said I plugged in  DSL-cable to telephone socket (with converter) and setup FRITZbox by following the instruction, but there is no internet access. I can not fix this problem and I need an assistant to resolve this issue. 

Regards 

Madjid 

Kira

Hi Majid,

which router did you use before the FRITZ!Box 7530?

If you use a DSL-connection, you can have a look at this installation-video. 

BR

Kira

Dear Kira, 

I had a wireless cable router (don or dan) that I used for Telephone, Internet, and GigaTV.  I have seen the installation video before and set up the Fritzbox based on it, but the main issue is, I don't have the same plug on my wall (only have the socket for a telephone). I bought a converter but it seems it is not working or maybe I bought the wrong one, or maybe I have to change something in Fritzbox setting, but I need somebody to help me to realize what is the problem first. 

Regards

Madjid

Kira

Hi Madjid,

as @Manu said before: You cannot use a cable-access exclusively with the FRITZ!Box 7530.

That´s technically impossible.

Did you buy the FB on your own? Then talk to AVM for further information

Maybe this page  can help you.

BR

Kira