Frage

Antwort

Lösung

I cancelled my contract but Vodafone still charged me
egorev
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi there!

Sorry, I don't speak German, that's why I am writing it here in English. Hopefully, you can help me.

Originally my contract with Vodafone was until October 24, 2020. But I quit my job in Germany and decided to leave Germany, that's why I asked Vodafone to end my contract by the end of February 2020. They asked for the new address where I will live and I have sent it to Vodafone, together with the document that confirms that I have deregistered from Germany. I have done it in the end of February, so I don't know if Vodafone sent me an answer back, because I have already moved out of my apartment and left Germany.

Today I have seen in my bank that Vodafone is gonna charge me for their services in the next few days, as if my contract was not ended. 

Unfortunately, I have never created my Vodafone account, because I have lost the activation code, so I can't check the status of my contract online.

In conclusion, I just want a confirmation from Vodafone that they ended my contract and that they will stop charging me in the future. I would also like to receive a refund for the charge they made for March 2020.

Thank you!

3 Antworten 3
Mav1976
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi @egorev,

Did you get a confirmation of your termination? 

@egorev  schrieb:

(...) that's why I asked Vodafone to end my contract by the end of February 2020. They asked for the new address where I will live and I have sent it to Vodafone, together with the document that confirms that I have deregistered from Germany. (...)

Today I have seen in my bank that Vodafone is gonna charge me for their services in the next few days, as if my contract was not ended. 

(...)

When you leave the country then you have to pay a further three months after leaving the country. That's written in the TKG §46, subparagraph 8 (special right of termination). 

You wrote you left Germany end of February. Further three months = until May you'll be charged. 

In addition to what @Mav1976 already said:

The 3 months period usually starts by the day you leave Germany - but the earliest by the day your movement notice/cancellation request is received by Vodafone in case you send this after leaving Germany.

So if you sent the first notice end of February, you'll have to pay until end of May, even if you left Germany end of January or Mid of February.

Please also send back your rental devices immediately - otherwise you might get charged for them.

egorev
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

@Mav1976 @reneromann 

Thank you for your answers! It really helps.

My situation is the following:

1. I have sent the Kündigung to Vodafone in December 2019.

2. They have asked to provide them with the new address and the date of my leave.

3. I have waited until February 2020 because I wasn't sure if I will leave Germany or not. At the end of February I have deregistered myself from Germany. Right after that, I have sent a copy of the deregistration + my new address in another country to the Vodafone right away. On my last day in Germany, I have also sent them the router in the original box.

4. I didn't receive any confirmation from them since I have left Germany and don't have access to my German mailbox anymore. But I have signed up for the Mail Forwarding service, so if Vodafone has sent any confirmation, hopefully, it will arrive at my new address in another country.

I just didn't expect Vodafone to charge me still since I left in Germany and did everything I could to prove that I have actually left Germany 🙂