[English] Packet Loss on Upload
dyoreosme
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, I have been having a problem with Vodafone Kabel for about a month. I noticed the packet loss when I tried to do a stream. The problem is usually only on upload, download is fine most of the time. Because of the upload problem, I haven't been able to continue my streams on Twitch. I've waited a few weeks thinking maybe it would pass but the problem is still there.

I've run tests on multiple devices and websites so its not about Twitch or my PC, its about my connection. Can someone be of help? Is there anything I can or Vodafone can do? Thank you.

5 Antworten 5
ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello dyoreosme,

welcome to community 🙂

please leave us a latency test with route here and also like the test from Twitch itself to show the problem. Does the problem occur around the clock? Please answer these points as well. We'll be happy to take a look at it.

Currently it takes a few days until we are back on the post 😞

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

I've tried to stream to Youtube and Twitch. Both have the upload packet loss problem.
XijBggu

Twitch Inspector shows that I'm getting a lot of packet loss because the Quality (when it should be 100) is 0 on all servers near me. And the bandwidth should be 10000+kbps because I'm getting 40-50Mbps upload, but its only 3000-4000kbps.

I tried the packet loss test also on my MacBook and iPad, its not as worse but its still present.

And I want to add that I've tried to resetting the modem, turning off/on wifi, turning off/on firewall, turning off/on bridge mode and turning off IPv6 on my PC. Nothing has been a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

• In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du? Sende bitte auch die Postleitzahl
    Baden-Württemberg 79664
  • Welchen Vertrag hast Du? (z.B. Internet + Telefon 100)
    Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable
  • Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du? (z.B. Hitron)
    Vodafone Station
  • Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät?
    Ein Leih-Gerät
  • Welcher Fehler tritt auf? (Geschwindigkeit zu gering; Packetloss) Schicke dazu auch Screenshots von Speedtests (mit Datum und Uhrzeit) und Tracerts/ Pingplotter-Messungen bei Packetloss oder Ping-Problemen image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-10 171014.jpg
  • Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden? (LAN; WLAN; zusätzlicher Router; PowerLAN)
    Via a LAN cable.
  • Welchen Browser verwendest Du normalerweise? (z.B. Firefox)
    Google Chrome
  • Welches Betriebssystem hast Du auf Deinem Rechner? (z.B. Windows)
    Windows 11
  • Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend)
    About 1 Month ago. There is no specific time when it happens. Sometimes its okay for 10-15 minutes, and then the packet loss comes back again.
  • Lade dazu noch einen Screenshot von den Signalwerten hoch. Diese findest Du in der Benutzeroberfläche Deines Kabelrouters über 192.168.0.1 bzw. über 192.168.178.1 bei der Fritzbox.
    image.pngimage.png
  • Welche Maßnahmen wurden durch die Störungshotline (erreichbar unter 0800-5266625 für Vodafone Kabel Deutschland bzw. 0221/46619100 für Vodafone West) durchgeführt?
    I contacted via Whatsapp first, first we factory reset the modem. Then they switched me from Dual Stack Lite to Dual Stack (Pv6 to IPv4) When that didn't fix it they told me I should call. I was told that a technician team would look into it and I would get an SMS or be contacted again so I waited but nothing.
MariaK
Moderator:in

Hello dyoresme,

I would like to have a look at your line and start an error analysis.

Can you please send me a PN with the following information:

Name of the contract holder

Date of birth

Street + house number

postal code + city

State

Customer number

current cell phone number

Please let us know here briefly, if you have written us a PN.

Many greetings,

Maria

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

I've sent a PM/PN, waiting for an answer. Thanks.

Ida

Hi dyoreosme

As I could see, a ticket has already been created and an appointment has been made with the technical department for 24.11.2021.

Best regards
Ida

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!