Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Daily Internet disconnections and packet drops
efeesse
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello technical support,

unfortunately, the frequent Internet disconnections (out of sync, or similar technical term) and lately the packet drops are not something new, but I think that now are worse than ever.

I can also mention that as a customer, the Vodafone DE it's the ISP with the most unstable Internet connection that I ever had. But say this without presenting facts, it's just a sentence like any other.

So, I decided to start to register the number of disconnections observed (yes, just the observed, because I'll assume that would have much more that I am not aware for several reasons) since the begining of February.

My intention was to collect this information during the entire month of February and present it in the end.

But the instability it's so big just after 8 days that I don't need to end for the end of the month.

In this way, if you would compare these timestamps with your system, they are:

Date Hour Type Manual reset?

01.02.2022 21:31 WAN Reset No

03.02.2022 18:32 WAN Reset No

04.02.2022 21:27 Intermittent Yes

05.02.2022 18:31 WAN Reset No

06.02.2022 20:19 Intermittent Yes

07.02.2022 15:31 WAN Reset No

07.02.2022 18:31 WAN Reset No

07.02.2022 22:42 Intermittent Yes

08.02.2022 11:13 Packet drops Yes

08.02.2022 15:32 WAN Reset No

(what I mean with the "Manual reset?" Yes/No it's if "Yes = I needed to reboot the router/modem" and "No = the Internet resync without my intervention" «« "just" need to wait for it).

If I'm not the only one complaining about this problem, perhaps would be great if Vodafone DE would try to understand on your own network to have a permanent fix for this issue.

My best regards to your technical support,

8 Antworten 8
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello efeesse,

welcome to our community.

I would like to have a look at your connection. Send me your customer data (name, address, customer number, birthday, current phone number) in a private message and then let me know here that you have sent the data.

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello Wallace,

thank you for your reply.

I've sent you the requested information by private message.

Best regards,

efeesse

Wallace

Hi efeesse,

there is an increased error rate on the upstreams on your connection and this needs to be looked at by a technician on site. The cause seems to lie in our area of responsibility. In this case the service is free of charge for you. Only if the technician does not meet anyone at the agreed time and does not get access, we charge 99,50 €.

Do you agree with the technician's intervention and can you provide access to the house? What is the best number to call to make an appointment?

Regarding COVID-19: are you in quarantine or are there symptoms in your household that indicate COVID-19?

Regards

Wallace

Hello Wallace,

thank you for the feedback.

I sent you my contact details by private message to give the access to the technician to perform the necessary tests.

Thank you very much for your support,

efeesse

Hallo,

just to give the update that I had a "tech on site" assistance today.

I'll continue to monitor the connection, but it's expected (and hope so) that the problem was resolved after the hardware change.

Best regards,

efeesse

Jens
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello efeesse,

a technician came to see you yesterday. What were you told and is it done now? Then we don't need to arrange another appointment. Smiley (fröhlich)

Regards

Jens

efeesse
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello Jens,

What were you told and is it done now?

Apparently the problem was in the modem/router. It was replaced during the technician visit.

At the moment, the "Uptime since last reboot" it's 01 day and 12h. A small "record" taking in consideration the previous 1x or 2x reboot per day.

So far, the reported problem seems to be fixed.

Thank you for your (global) technical support.

Best regards,

efeesse

Tobias

Hey @efeesse,

thanks for that feedback, im gonna close that thread then 🙂

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!