Cable internet not working since this morning
Tijs
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi,

My German is not great so i'm writing my message in English. I hope this is no problem (Google translate is your friend). 

My Vodafone Kabel internet at home (postcode 10559 in Berlin) has been broken since this morning. Noticed it around 07.00 but could have been earlier. Nothing changed since yesterday when the internet was working fine. And internet has been working without any major issues since i set it up in february. Local setup has not changed and location of the FritzBox or other devices has not changed in months. I have no TV or radio connected so my FritzBox is the only device that is connected to the wall and there is no splitter box or anything like that in between. The coax goes directly from the FritzBox into the wall socket.

I am using a FritzBox 6690 provided by Vodafone. Things i have already done:

• I have unplugged all other devices and hooked up 1 PC with a network cable to make sure Wifi and other internal devices/network/etc cannot cause any issues. No effect
  • I have checked the coax and power cables of the FritzBox. Both are in order and working. No broken cables or anything. Connectors are clean and no visible damage whatsoever for the coax plug in the wall or the FritzBox itself
  • I have unplugged and reconnected the power of the FritzBox multiple times and for extended periods. No effect
  • I have reset the FritzBox to factory defaults. No effect

It seems to me the issue is external in the Vodafone network but i cannot find any confirmation that this is the case. The Vodafone störung page is not showing any useful information and when i get seemingly conflicting information:

Tijs_0-1699354581500.png

Tijs_1-1699354615252.png

The FritzBox is providing some information:

Tijs_3-1699354911616.pngTijs_4-1699354959558.png

But it seems that i am receiving some signal through my coax connection when i check the "Spectrum" tab:

Tijs_5-1699355061213.png

However, none of the signal that is being picked up is DOCSIS.

3 questions:

• Can somebody confirm if the problem is on my side or if the problem is with the external Vodafone network outside of my home? 
  • Is there anything i can do on my side to mitigate the issue. I work from home so the internet not working is a big issue for me
  • Is there any place where i can find reliable information about the network status, status updates and/or progress reports so i can keep an eye on when i can expect these issues to be resolved?

Thank you in advance,

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Tijs
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

It seems like somebody in the area has caused an issue that has broken things for more people. Understand it can take 1-4 WEEKS to fix it 😳😵😖

Thanks for the info and answers... 

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten 3
Kurtler
SuperUser
SuperUser

Since August 15th, 2022 there is no more individual support here in the forum. Support in English is available via Facebook or Twitter.

Best regards Kurt

Bitte keine Anfragen über PN stellen!

your Fritzbox does not receive a cable signal

this could be caused by a problem in your area or with your cable connection at your home

Tijs
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

It seems like somebody in the area has caused an issue that has broken things for more people. Understand it can take 1-4 WEEKS to fix it 😳😵😖

Thanks for the info and answers...