abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Gigacube download speed low upload speed high?
Jerubale
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Recently moved to a new area, installed gigacube. Had to find a good signal position as this seems to be a poor signal area. Finally find a 4G signal between 4 to 5 bar, or almost full signal strength! 

So, I was hooefull for a usable connection.

However, after various and many speed tests in various location I'm getting very poor download speeds, like dial up speeds of  0.45mb or less. For a split second or 2 it'll jump maybe to 2mb, I've seen 8mb but only for a fraction of a test! Very frustrating!

Yet, the upload speed is reporting between 8mb and 10mb standard, even as high as 12mb... 

This is obviously totally the wrong way round! What on earth is going on? Why can I barely browse an internet page but I could upload a 1080p video to Facebook in a few seconds? This makes no sense!

Area is near Arendsee!

15 Antworten 15
St3ffi
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Jerubale,

thank you for your address. There is LTE coverage at the address, but only in the outdoor area. There is no supply at all in the indoor area. Was it already better usable than currently? With an outdoor supply, it may make sense to think about using an outdoor antenna. A network expansion is unfortunately not evident in the period of the next three months that we can see.

Best regards, St3ffi

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Jerubale
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher
At the moment I have the gigacube sat right up in the roof space of my house to get a good 4g signal.
As for speeds... During the day it is all but unusable, with speeds below 1mbps, usually sitting around 0.4mbps or less!
Yet after midnight I have seen it climb to 10mbps or higher!.. But it is never consistent.
The speed can climb and drop off as quickly as I look at it, ping speeds can jump from 45ms to 3500ms, and higher, and back again.
I've been looking at external antennas but I have no idea what to use? I'm reluctant to spend +€100 on an antenna without a better idea of if it is worth it?
All I was told in the shop was 'look on Amazon, there is only one antenna for the gigacube'!
Don't know what this shop was looking at but when I look up gigacube antenna on Amazon it gives me pages of antenna and none of them are specifically for the gigacube' as far as I can tell? Then there's different frequencies, cables, plugs, actual antenna variations, from ones that look like flat plastic boxes to TV arials, to what look like magnetic radio antenna? Any recommendations or information would be appreciated at this point?

A detailed guide for the topic 'antenna for GigaCube':

https://www.lte-anbieter.info/lte-hardware/antennen-fuer-gigacube.php

Jerubale
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Well, I brought an external antenna pack, twin directional antenna. Spent a few days getting the alignment correct and making sure the signal strength was good etc. It has made absolutely no difference to the speed of the connection! So there goes a whole lot of geld for no reason!...

Seems the contention ratio is the wall here, which seems far to low to me. Seeing as this is a high tourist spot and low local residency area I'd have thought there would be more available bandwidth than there obviously seems to be. After all this time. 

During day time hours from around 6 in the morning until after midnight I'm lucky if I can get anything even close to 0.5Mb/s - slower than an old school dial up modem from 20 years back! This is unusable!...

I'm strongly considering cancelling this contract at this point as it is obvious there is nothing I can do to improve the situation at my end now. I have exhausted all possibilities. Having spoken to the closest Vodafone Store they have also said there is nothing to be done and that no work is pending to increase the coverage in ths area any time soon.... 

It is most annoying as I know I can get much higher network speeds from other networks. O2 and Deutsche Telkom regularly sits around 10Mb/s at its slowest and I've had speeds as high as 40+Mb/s from these on my mobile phone which has EU roaming enabled thus I can test other providers...

More annoyingly I can't even subscribe for a telephone connection as this area also has no decent digital service there either, with a house line maxing out at 2Mb/s according to the PostCode verification service.
So it would appear my only option is to switch to a different mobile internet provider.

How would I go about exiting this contract early? I believe I still have 9 months left on this current contract, but as I say in this setting it is all but unusable!.. I really don't want to be paying nearly 40 euro a month for a package I can barely use for the next 9 months!

Seriously, no response here?... 😕
T-Jay

Hello Jerubale,

it is very sad that you want to quit. This ist quite simple in the App, choose "Mehr" Button and than "Mein Vertrag"->"Mein Tarif"->"Vertrag kündigen".

Or online here http://www.vod.af/ichkuendige 

Alternatively send the termination by Fax to 02102-986575 or send a letter to:

Vodafone GmbH

Kundenbetreuung

40875 Ratingen

Kind regards,

T-Jay

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!