Can’t receive SMS from Abroad
Neel
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

hey,

I have Red XS contract. I can receive SMS from German mobile numbers. But I can't receive SMS sent from my bank and other apps in India. They receive the following error while sending the SMS

"Code 999 Unknow Error : Unknown Error is related to 'Network errors' like low area network, handset network busy or operator error and these types of errors are temporary in nature."

Is there a way to check if it is blocked? If so, how to enable it?

Thanks!

3 Antworten 3
Mav1976
SuperUser
SuperUser
Hi @Neel,

Can you send or receive (normal) sms from other friends from India?
Did you set a lock for sms in foreign countries in the past maybe?

MobileTAN or other verification sms aren't "normal' sms and using special service provider sending such sms in a higher priority and more possibilities to control the reception.

I checked with my brother in India. I can send SMS to him as well as receive SMS from him. The only problem is with OTP messages. I can't receive OTP messages from banking and train booking apps even though they support foreign numbers. I haven't set up any lock and am just using default SIM settings.

I asked their customer support and they mentioned it is a problem with my mobile operator.

Hi @Neel,

@Neel  schrieb:

(...)

I asked their customer support and they mentioned it is a problem with my mobile operator.

Then only a staff member by Vodafone can have a look into your account and SIM-card settings. 

But I'm happy to read that you can send and receive "normal" SMS. 

I also know that many people have those issues only with such One-Time-Password SMS.

But check your settings again that you don't block any messages from unkown subscriber, because they're using often names like Vodafone, xyz bank or special service numbers like "80808".