Frage

Antwort

Lösung

I just wanted to change my router.. Please assist me with sorting this mess out
Roberto_80
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Dear Vodafone customer service,

I'm now trying to get my issue sorted in this forum, since it is very difficult to get the proper support via the Vodafone helpdesk by phone. 

Description of my issue:

I'm a Vodafone customer since August 2019 (originally I had a contract with Unity-Media) and I only have a contract for Cable Internet (Vodafone CableMax 1000, Red Phone). 

I now wanted to change the standard modem/router to a Fritz-box 6690. So I tried to do so online at and all seemed to be going well. I received a confirmation email that I made the order, however as time went by I never received the Fritz-box. So we tried to call the customer service to ask the status. They told us that something went wrong but that they can fix it directly during the call.. They send me an email with the confirmation of the order while we were on the call and all I had to do was click on " Ok" and it will be fine.. so I did so.. This is were the problem started 😞 

Apparently what I confirmed by clicking on OK was a completely new contract!! This was exactly the same product (Vodafone CableMax 1000, Red Phone) however instead of 39,99 per month it now will cost me 59,99 per month!! Who would want this?? 

So I called back and asked to to cancel this, because that was not what we agreed on. I was told it was only a new contract for the new modem (that would be an extra 7,99 per month). But.. of course it was not that easy to just cancel what was processed literally 30 minutes before (this was the time it took me to realise that I got sold a completely new contract).. So I had to send a letter to widerruf@vodafone.com to use my right of Widerruf.. crazy but ok.. 

But now.. of course this story doesn't end like that... 

While we were on a holiday trip Vodafone send us a package. I had no idea what was in it, but I already started to have some worries.. After I came home on 03/01/2023 I noticed that the internet was not working anymore.. While the connected standard Vodafone Modem was showing normal status lights, but still no internet coming through.. well then I thought lets open the package and I was delighted that I found:  a Fritz-box 6690.. Yay! 🙂 I connected it and wow, internet works again...  But... now.. just a couple of minutes ago Vodafone is trying to direct debit an amount of EUR 133,31 from my account!!! For what??? And there is a completely unknown to me Rechnungsnr and Kundennr visible in the direct debit. 

So now my question is what is happening with my account/contract and could someone please assist me with this situation?? All I want is a Fritz-Box modem instead of the Vodafone one (for 7,99 per month extra) and I certainly do not want to change my Cable internet contract. 

Please direct PM message me and get in contact with me by phone and please make me a happy customer again 🙂

Best regards,

Roberto

2 Antworten 2
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

At first - there's a fee of approximately 30 € for switching from FritzBox to Standard router and vice versa.

Secondly - if you don't return the standard router in time, you will be charged a fine for not returning the device...

Thank you very much!

I hope this is the case and that a simple return on the old router will result in a credit of this amount (minus the 30 euro for the router switch fee).

Roberto