Contract termination due to moving abroad
MacKol
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I'm an expat in Berlin and my work contract ends in the next 2 months and I started sorting out my things before I leave Germany. I'd like to cancel both my internet and cellular contracts, but I noticed that my cellular contract would terminate in august 2023 and my kabel internet contract ends in may 2024. Is there any way to get them both terminated earlier? 

For the cellular I used the form on vodafone.de to get it terminated.

For the kabel  internet I also used the form, sending in my notice and I'm awaiting response.

However, the point of this topic is to check if I can get them both terminated at an earlier date.

br

Maciej

3 Antworten 3
Andre
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey MacKol,

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving.
If you permanently move abroad the cable contract can definitly be cancelled early.

Did you "proof" that you move outside germany & ask for an early cancellation because of this, for example with the deregistration certificate from the local townhall?

If you got an subsidized smartphone with your mobile contract a fee may apply.

Please get in touch with my colleagues from the customersupport . For example via Facebook.

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
MacKol
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I don't have a deregistration certificate yet, but I will reach out to your collegues. thanks.

By the way, at my current address where I live, I cannot use Kabel internet connection as it is not supported in the building. Since last year I've been using a different internet provider and it's just occured to me that I've never raised this point to Vodafone. Would that be a ground for early termination? I mean the fact that I can't use the service that I'm paying for?

Susan

Hi MacKol,

here is also necessary to look at the customer data.

Therefore, it is best to write to our service team on one of the following channels regarding this as well.

The colleagues are happy to help.

Here it goes on:

* on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vodafoneDEservice

* on Twitter: https://twitter.com/vodafoneservice

Best regards,

Susan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!