VPN not accessible via CGA6444VF
Meigeall
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I am suddenly unable to connect to my VPN service via the CGA6444VF provided by Vodafone (Firmware version: 19.3B80-3.5.12). This applies regardless of the firewall being enabled or disabled. A reset was performed, but it did nothing. The VPN service works via mobile data, but not via wi-fi or cabled connection to the router/modem. Since Vodafone has elected to remove the ability to change DNS settings from customers, I cannot rule out that as the cause.

6 Antworten 6
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Ask your VPN provider if they support IPv6 - if they don't, this might be your problem.

Baerliner16129
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

What happens when you try to connect to your VPN service?

They do not (yet), but this wasn't a problem before yesterday. Did vodafone just drop ipv4 support?

Meigeall
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

When trying to connect, the applicaiton just hangs on "connecting..." until it times out and reattempts. This is the same for the many different servers I have tried.

@Meigeall  schrieb:

Did vodafone just drop ipv4 support?

No, they didn't drop IPv4 support.

But Vodafone -as an increasing number of other carriers- is using DualStack-Lite technology to provide IPv4 connectivity. And this might -if the VPN isn't properly set up- break VPN connections, especially if the VPN requires the client to have either its own public IPv4 or port forwardings opened.

Meigeall
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Do you know what changed around March 24? VPN was working fine before then, and I have confirmed that nothing changed with my VPN service.

Possibly related, I am unable to access various websites now, and my upload speed has bottomed out.

SpeedTest 25 March.jpg

(it took 30 seconds to upload this 270 kb image)