Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Fritz!Box 6591 getting 1mbps on 1000mbps connection (English)
CoopiDoopi
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi gang,

Sorry for writing in English 🙂 

I have just been given an upgrade by Vodafone. They have supplied me with a Fritz!Box 6591.

I'm on the biggest cable connection 1000mbps/50mbps.

However, the all-in-one's admin page shows "Connected 1,1Mbit/s down, 262 kbit/s up".

The old router/modem is connected at full speeds - which rules out quite a few potential issues.

The new Fritz!Box 6591 is updated to the latest firmware (no update was done by me but I've checked using Diagnostics).

Considering the line is working fine on the old router/modem I guess perhaps either the cable from the wall is somehow not correct for the new box? Or alternatively I have a faulty Fritz!Box?  Any other thoughts or things I can check?

I have crawled through all the Fritz!Box options a dozen times now and don't really see anything I could try changing that might make a difference.  Only thing I found was starting frequency which I played around with no luck before returning it to default setting.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions as I am at a loss except for returning the unit.

Regards, CoopiDoopi

3 Antworten 3
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

You have to register your new Router

ooooh 🙂 Can I do that myself online somewhere? Or do I need to call?

Danke für dein Anworten 🙂 

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello CoopiDoopi,

did you get help on the hotline in the meantime? If not, please send me a PM with the following details:

- your name

- the full address

- the customer number

- birth date of the contract owner

- the MAC address of the old and the new router

Please reply here again after you sent the PM.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!