Cable connection super slow + Tech support in English
Nachol
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi!!

My cable connetion has been acting up for months, at the beginning it was just weekends (one would say normal behaviour) but nowadays is slow to the point of unasable. My contract is 200 Mb/s and speed test shows for me 2-3 Mb/s. I've tried rebooting the cable modem so many times I lost count :(.

Trying to get someone that speaks english on the phone line has prooben to be difficult. Last person pointed me here so hopping someone can help me 🙂

Thanks!!!

Edit: please choose the right board - moved from "Gewinnspiele"

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Nachol
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi All,

Finally seems my problem is solved! I want to thank everyone here in the forums for the support.

As for the problem for other people reference: seems I had some noise/lost in one cable and since Vodafone was recently moved frequencies the new frequencies were getting disrupted, at least that is what the technician explained.

He fixed the problem pretty quickly after he found it. Also want to appreciate him trying with the English. Great job!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

10 Antworten 10
Jens
Moderator:in

Hello Nachol,

you are right here. 🙂

Did you have that all day? And i's with wifi or ethernet?

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
doctorphil
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi NaChol, I am experiencing the same problems as you. Ive tried to look for help without any success. Let me know if you get an answer. This is unbelievable. 

Nachol
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Jens!

Thanks for coming back to me. Ironically today it has been working as expected, hitting the 200 MB/s in the speed test. Magic button somewhere? xD

For the problematic behaviour I have been able to reproduce it both using wifi and ethernet. I've resetted all devices including my router and still when slow it does not improve.

Best,

Nachol

Jens

Hello Nachol,

we have no magic buttons.

Is it now ok or anything wrong with it?
If it's something wrong, let me know your personal details in a private message.

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Nachol
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Hi Jens, thanks for your response.

Behavior is still the same, now 5 Mb/s 😞

Sending you my details in PM.

Cheers, Nachol
ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Nachol,

there are two restrictions on your connection. Firstly, the levels at the modem are not in norm. Is the original antenna cable used here? And on the other hand the load in the evening hours is very high. In order to adjust the levels, a technician must come by.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Nachol
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Fred, 

The equipement is the same you guys installed; modem, cables, etc. Wasn't even moved location in the house. If not mistaken is a non-wifi modem.

Not sure about the load being high, my afternoons are pretty standard: maybe some streaming (Netflix/Spotify), surfing, but nothing special; still all this normally done at a 5Mb/s speed and not at the 200Mb/s that I'm suppose to have. Is it possible this is because of the "Vodafone Hotspot" wifi? Heard it uses your same device even if wifi is off/not available.

In any case good to hear you guys looking into it, much appreciated. Already sent my personal details on PM to Jens (including address and phone number), should I forward those to you to coordinate the visit?

Best, Nachol

ERFD

Hello Nachol,

I hired the technician. She will contact you by phone. He fixes the levels.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Nachol
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi All,

Finally seems my problem is solved! I want to thank everyone here in the forums for the support.

As for the problem for other people reference: seems I had some noise/lost in one cable and since Vodafone was recently moved frequencies the new frequencies were getting disrupted, at least that is what the technician explained.

He fixed the problem pretty quickly after he found it. Also want to appreciate him trying with the English. Great job!